Butchart Gardens Luxury Evening Experience: Seaplane Flight and 3-Course Dinner
You have to eat dinner somewhere, so make it a meal to remember at Butchart Gardens! This exceptional experience will have you flying by seaplane from Victoria to Butchart Gardens — a National Historic Site of Canada — where you’ll enjoy a three-course meal of seasonal, regional cuisine. Then take a nighttime stroll through the lit-up gardens, including the Rose Garden, Japanese Garden and Mediterranean Garden, and soak up the tranquil atmosphere. Your evening ends with a limousine ride back to Victoria.
per adult from
What's included :
- Seaplane flight
- Dinner - 3-course dinner
- Limousine transport back to Victoria
- Carbon offset levy
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Entry/Admission - The Butchart Gardens
What's excluded :
- Drinks (may be purchased at the restaurant with your dinner)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Your Butchart Gardens adventure starts at Victoria Harbour, where you’ll check in for your flight and board your seaplane for the quick journey up to the gardens, just 12 miles (19 km) north of Victoria. Enjoy the aerial views of Vancouver Island and the Haro Strait as you fly.
When you arrive at Butchart, sit down to a delicious three-course dinner in the cheerful and elegant Dining Room, one of the gardens’ on-site restaurants. Feast on a seasonal menu of soup or salad followed by a main course featuring regional meat or fish, and then relax over a sweet dessert and cup of coffee or tea.
Dinner lasts about 90 minutes, and then you have one hour to stroll through the gardens at your leisure. Sure, the gardens are gorgeous during the day, but at night they’re nearly magical. After the sun sets, lights come on across the gardens, creating shadows and illuminating the creatively designed displays of flowers, shrubs and trees. It’s very romantic!
At around 10pm, hop inside a luxurious limousine for the 30-minute drive back to Victoria Harbour, where your tour ends.
Sample menu (you have your choice of one for each course)
• Organic field greens with fresh blossoms and white balsamic vinaigrette
• Potato cheddar soup with melted leeks and broccoli floretsSecond course:
• Wild BC salmon with clam and potato gratin, wilted greens, and caramelized shallot vinaigrette
• Cowichan Valley chicken with gnocchi, asparagus, bacon, toasted pine nuts and white wine beurre blanc (butter sauce)
• Alberni Valley pork chop with a corn and wild rice cabbage roll, smoked paprika, tomato and onion ringDessert (served with freshly brewed coffee or tea):
• Signature vanilla bean crème brûlée with raspberry and white chocolate biscotti
• Zuccotto: Chocolate truffle ice cream with espresso-dipped ladyfingers
Departure Point :Harbour Air Seaplanes, 950 Wharf St, Victoria, BC V8W 1T3, Canada
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 15 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Anything carried on board is subject to search; large bags or backpacks are discouraged
- Valid government issued photo ID required at check in
- Check in 30 minutes prior to flight time
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Passengers will be required to complete a health declaration form before travel Passengers may be denied boarding who may be deemed unfit to travel.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.