Byron Bay Surfing Lesson and Mount Warning Sunrise Climb Including Overnight Camping and BBQ Dinner
Combine a surfing lesson in Byron Bay with a sunrise climb to the top of Mount Warning to catch the first rays of light shine on mainland Australia. You’ll camp overnight at the base of Mount Warning and enjoy a barbecue dinner. This is a complete Byron Bay adventure that includes surfing, camping, roasting marshmallows on an open campfire, night-time stargazing, early morning bush-walking, and some of the most jaw-dropping panoramic views in the world.
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Overnight tour led by an experienced guide (the actual climb is self-guided)
- All gear for your surfing adventure
- All meals (BBQ-style dinner and breakfast)
- All camping equipment (tents, sleeping bags, mattresses, torches)
- Complimentary water bottle and snack for the walk
- National Park and camping fees
- Fully air-conditioned tour vehicles
- All transfers
- Entry/Admission - Mount Warning
- Entry/Admission - Mount Warning Summit Trail
What's excluded :
- No guidance for the actual 5.5 mile (9 km) return summit walk.
Day 1: Byron Surf Session & Mount Warning base camp
Stop At: Byron Bay, Byron Bay, Byron Shire, New South Wales
The adventure kicks off with a surfing lesson in Byron Bay from our tour partners Lets Go Surfing on one of Byron’s iconic surfing beaches. Here you’ll learn the basics of surfing, including how to stand and surf a wave.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Mount Warning, New South Wales Australia
From the sands of Byron Bay we will pick you up and transport you in comfort to the foot of Mount Warning in the Byron hinterland, here we will guide you to your overnight campsite where you will enjoy a BBQ dinner before sleeping under the stars.
Duration: 6 hours
Accommodation included: Camping under the stars in your tent
Day 2: Mount Warning summit walk
Stop At: Mount Warning Summit Trail, Mount Warning, New South Wales 2484 Australia
After your breakfast climb Mount Warning at dawn to reach the highest point in the region and bask in the first sun rays to hit mainland Australia. How long does it take to climb Mount Warning? The journey is a 9km, 4 hour self-guided return walk that takes you through subtropical World Heritage listed rainforest and, upon ascent, offers 360 degree ocean and Byron hinterland views. It never fails to inspire.
Duration: 9 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :The Wreck Surf, shop 6/4 Jonson St, Byron Bay NSW 2481, Australia
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Byron Visitor Centre, 80 Jonson St, Byron Bay NSW 2481, Australia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.