Byron Bay Whale Watching Cruise
Whale watching tours are offered between June and October each year. The trips are small and personalised with a maximum of 8 customers per tour and take around 3 hours from start to finish. The migration route of the Australian east coast Humpback whale brings them in such close proximity to Byron Bay’s Cape Byron it is likely you will encounter several whales during your tour. This also allows quick access to the waters used by migrating humpback whales.Therefore there are no long boat rides to and from whale watching sites and your whale watching adventure begins immediately. The whale watching guides will impart interesting facts about the migrating whales as well as Cape Byron Marine Park’s many other sea creatures including dolphins, sea turtles and many different species of sea bird. Each of Whale watching vessels is equipped with a hydrophone so you can listen to the Humpback whales amazing whale song.
per adult from
What's included :
- Viewing of various marine life and bird life
- Julian Rocks marine life tour
- Trained eco guides
- Hydrophone to listen to whale song
- Bottled water
- Small-group (no more than 12 passengers per cruise)
- Byrons Bay Whale Watching Cruise
What's excluded :
- Parking fee for public parking in Byron Bay
- Tour photos (available for purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Spray Jacket
Embark on the only whale-watching cruise to depart from The Pass beach in Byron Bay, offering the fastest route to the path of migrating humpback whales, plus dolphins, turtles, and sea birds. Travel with a small group of no more than 12 on a vessel specially designed for marine life spotting, equipped with underwater viewing devices and a hydrophone to listen to whale songs. Whale sighting is guaranteed—if you don’t see one, take another cruise for free!
• Cape Byron State Conservation Area, Lighthouse Road, Byron Bay, New South Wales 2481 Australia
• Byron Bay Dive Centre, 9 Marvell St, Byron Bay, New South Wales 2481 Australia
• Whale Watching Byron Bay, 9 Marvell St, Byron Bay, New South Wales 2481 Australia
Departure Point :Whale Watching Byron Bay, 9 Marvell St, Byron Bay NSW 2481, Australia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum age of 5 years old. Not suitable for anyone under 5 years old
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date and time or full refund
- Please dress appropriately (must wear shorts or trousers you can roll up above the knees, as you will get your feet wet getting on board the vessel)
- Please bring a spray jacket (required) to keep dry and wear a warm layer underneath
- All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to the whale-watching tour
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative date and time or full refund.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.