Củ Chi Tunnels And Sài Gòn City Tour
This full day trip is a perfect choice for those who want a deeper insight into the 20th century history of Việt Nam. It’s a combined tour, half day city and half day Củ Chi tunnels, which has been suggested by many tourists. You not only gain more information about the Việt Nam War, but you can also witness what was once one of the biggest battlefields in the world, to understand more about a small country whose endurance through many wars during its 4000-year history has given us a peaceful day like today.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, 2 Hung Vuong Ba Dinh Square, Hanoi 100000 Vietnam
Your guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel. We will visit the following places of interest:
• The Reunification Palace: Here on April 30th, 1975 the Vietnam War officially ended when tank number 843 of the North Vietnamese Army crashed through the gates of what was, at the time the residence of the President of the Republic of Vietnam.
• War Remnants Museum: Formerly known as the Museum of American War Crimes, this is a poignant display of the futility of war. Some of the black and white photography in the ‘Requiem’ exhibit is particularly touching, dedicated to both foreign and Vietnamese journalists and photographers who perished during the conflict. The courtyard outside contains the spoils of war, namely rusting jets, tanks and cannons captured from the American military machine.
• Notre Dame Cathedral and Old Post Office: Built between 1877 and 1883 this is one of the best examples of classical French colonial architecture. Remarkably every stone used in its creation was shipped from France to Vietnam. Her two 40m towers, topped with iron spires dominate the city’s skyline. The Old Post Office is another example of French colonial architecture and is also the country’s largest post office.
• Jade Emperor Pagoda: Built in 1909 in honor of the supreme Taoist god, this is one of the most spectacularly atmospheric temples in HCMC, stuffed with statues of phantasmal divinities and grotesque heroes. The pungent smoke of incense fills the air, obscuring the exquisite woodcarvings.
After a few hours discovering the city, you will enjoy your lunch at a local restaurant before we drive about 1,5 hours through the pleasant countryside before arriving at Củ Chi. We may stop along the way for refreshments and toilet.
• Upon arrival, you’ll watch a brief of propaganda video, which explains how the tunnels were used to successfully defeat American military forces in combat.
• The tour continues and the guide explains some traps that were placed in the jungles of Việt Nam to either maim American soldiers or create panic amongst the ranks.
• From here, you can enter one of the tunnel entrances and crawl through the tunnels is a real experience to imagine how people could live there for an extended period!
• Take some rest at the end for a taste of Củ Chi boiled tapioca and thinking what humans are capable of when having to defend their home.
We drive 1,5 hours and tour ends between 6pm – 7pm at District 1, HCMC
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
District 1, Ho Chi MInh City
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.