Cacao And Taino Culture Adventure
Eden is a certified organic farm – it is amazing to eat and drink fresh produce grown without pesticide. We are a permaculture farm learning to use land in harmony with nature. We conserve water. Eden is off-grid and uses solar energy. Eden grows organic cacao, coffee, banana, limes, plantains, mango, guanabana. But our passion is cacao . The tour will provide a unique opportunity to learn from A to Z about growing cacao and making artisan chocolate. Visitors can learn about Taíno culture. The Arawakan achievements included construction of ceremonial ball parks whose boundaries were marked by upright stone dolmens, development of a universal language, and creation of a complicated hierarchy of deities-semies.
This tour is for nature and outdoors activities lovers. Its uniqueness is in unity with nature and interactive activities. Come and participate!
per adult from
6 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Lunch - Typical Dominican lunch- chicken and rice with salad or vegetarian option (salad). Dessert is farm fruit and drinks from Eden fruit and vegetables
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- Cacao and Taino Culture Adventure is a full-day tour of Plantacion del Eden with full emersion into nature and tropical fruit farm surroundings; learning about permaculture as a system meeting human needs through ecological and regenerative design - sustainable agriculture in the setting of a tropical cacao and fruit farm; history of cacao and chocolate; cultivation of cacao trees, making chocolate traditional way and tasting..
Visitors will walk a looped trail of about 1 km length, medium difficulty with various stops. There are eight stations on the Eden trail for various activities - Tree of Forgetfulness,Taino Gazebo, Planting a Cacao Tree, Cacao Fermentation Center, Eden Gazebo, etc....Rules include closed-toe shoes, hat and sunscreen. Mosquito repellent as needed individually.
Food is local and partially grown on the farm. Water and lunch are included in the price. It is a typical Dominican lunch prepared on the farm on open fire or vegetarian (salads)-specified in advance.
In season fruit is served as part of lunch and juice drinks from farm fruit.
Chocolate bars, cacao raw beans, cacao raw nibs, cocoa raw powder, honey, Taino sculptures, fruit in season are for sale..
• Guananico - Puerto Plata, Puerto Plata 57000, Dominican Republic
• Farm fruit in season with melted Eden chocolate
Departure Point :Unnamed Road, 57000, Dominican Republic
Departure Time :Green Apartment Rental 1/1/2021 - 12/31/2021
Cacao and Taino Adventure 4/1/2021 - 3/31/2022
Monday - Sunday: 09:30 AM - 04:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 09:30 AM - 04:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- 4 x 4 Vehicle is preferred in reaching Eden trail.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.