Cairns National Park Rainforest and Waterfall Small Group Tour Shore Excursion
While you're in port in Cairns, take a 5-hour shore excursion to explore the rainforests and waterfalls surrounding the city. By 4-wheel-drive vehicle, you’ll travel through Barron Gorge National Park and Kuranda National Park, part of the Wet Tropics of Queensland UNESCO World Heritage site. Ideal for those with limited time in Cairns who want to see some of the area's most spectacular scenery, this tour provides an exclusive-access pass to visit sections not usually open to the public. This small-group tour is limited to 13 participants, ensuring you'll see some of Tropical North Queensland’s hidden gems with personalized attention from a guide. Select a morning or afternoon tour when booking.
per adult from
What's included :
- Port pickup and drop-off
- National Park fees
- Transport by 4WD vehicle
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Snacks - Tropical Fruit Tasting
- Entry/Admission - Barron Gorge National Park
- Entry/Admission - Davies Creek National Park
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Discovery Tours Australia, Cairns, Queensland 4870 Australia
DISCOVERY TOURS AUSTRALIA SPECIALISE IN SMALL GROUP TOURS LEAVING NO ROCK UNTURNED IN THIS EXPANSIVE COUNTRY, WITH EXCLUSIVE PERMITS TO BREATHTAKING LOCATIONS.
Based in beautiful Cairns, Tropical North Queensland, our tours showcase destinations of magical, natural beauty. From the vibrant fish of the Great Barrier Reef, to the lush tropical Wet Tropics Rainforests and Savannah Outback beyond, we do it all.
Stop At: Barron Gorge National Park, Wrights Lookout Rd, Queensland Australia
With your exclusive-access permit, head into areas not typically open to the public, away from the crowds. In your 4WD vehicle, wind through some of the most amazing rainforest landscapes in the region and over the Great Dividing Range, one of the longest mountain ranges in the world. Continue through the rainforest, crossing several creek systems and stopping at a boardwalk for an interpretive overview of the rainforest from your guide. Here you will be introduced to the Clohesy River Fig, one of the most impressive fig trees in the tropics.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Davies Creek National Park, Davies Creek Rd, Mareeba, Queensland 4880 Australia
After leaving the Clohesy River area, our next stop is Davies Creek, where you have the opportunity to take a swim in the crystal-clear waters. It’s always refreshing. (weather permitting) In your 4WD vehicle, wind through some of the most amazing forest landscapes in the region and over the Great Dividing Range, one of the longest mountain ranges in the world.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Clohesy River Road, Clohesy River Rd, Koah QLD 4881, Australia
Heading further west, we detour off the bitumen and make our way onto the Clohesy River Road. This is where we begin our four-wheel drive journey. Our exclusive access permit sees us visit areas not open to the public. Our track winds through rainforest and over some of the mountains of the Great Dividing Range. We’ll view ancient King Ferns before stopping at Clohesy Boardwalk, where your guide will interpret the rainforest surrounds and introduce you to the giant strangler fig tree, which is hundreds of years old.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Cairns, Cairns, Cairns Region, Queensland
Traveler pickup is offered
Directions: Tour does not depart from Port Douglas*Please contact your local operator for exact departure point once you have bookedDates: Every Day except Christmas DayReturn point: Returns to original departure pointPorts
- 1 Spence St, Cairns City QLD 4870, Australia
- Cairns Cruise Liner Terminal, Wharf St, Cairns City QLD 4870, Australia
- Yorkeys Knob Boating Club, 29 Buckley St, Yorkeys Knob QLD 4878, Australia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for children 4 years and under
- Please bring your own bottle of water
- Tour is not available from Port Douglas
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time, and re-boarding time
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Our tour is operating under an Approved QLD Health Covid Safe Plan. Please be advised that you will be required to provide your contact details, including home address and phone number to the guide before boarding the vehicle. Your details are being collected as per the direction of QLD Health Dept.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.