Cajas National Park Full Day Tour from Cuenca
Discover the magic of Cajas National Park, one of the most beautiful places in South America, on a full day tour of approximately 8 hours. Explore and learn about the Andean vegetation. In this spectacular place you can enjoy a lake system that has more than 200 lakes of glacial origin. In addition to the beautiful landscape, you can enjoy the presence of beautiful birds, llamas and alpacas.
The park is located 30km west of the city of Cuenca, between 3160 and 4450masl, the surface area of the park is 28544 hectares and the ecosystem known as paramo predominates. Experience the authentic!
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: El Cajas National Park, Cuenca 010219 Ecuador
TOUR DETAILS :
• Lenght: 8 hours approx.
• Start / Finish: Cuenca
• Activity Level: Moderate to Challenging
Be picked up from your accommodation in the morning and drive for approximately 1 hour to Cajas National Park, located 30km west of Cuenca. During this tour you’ll visit two altitude levels within the park. In the middle part (3,960 meters), you will walk about 3 hours in the Toreadora area, depending on the pace of the group. The trek will give you the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful scenery, including the Polylepis Forest and moor-like Paramo, whilst the guide provides information about the flora and fauna of the area. After lunch at a nearby restaurant, you’ll visit Llaviuco (3150 meters). Located in the lower part of the park, this area is part of a different ecosystem known as montage primary forest. Here you’ll and have a walk around the lake for about 1 ½ hour.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotels & Airbnb's (please we need the address)
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Wear warm and comfortable clothes, rain jacket, hiking shoes, cap or toque, sunscreen
- Minimum age is 11 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, no refund will be given
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.