Cambodia Intro 10
- Discover Cambodia’s fascinating capital - Phnom Penh. Ride a tuk tuk through the bustling streets, try some delicious street food and experience local life.
- Learn about Cambodia’s dark and somber history during a locally guided tour of S21 Prison and the Killing Fields.
- Get off the beaten path and unwind in the peaceful and serene countryside town of Kampot. A unique mix of dilapidated French colonial buildings, emerald green rice paddy fields and palm tree lined rivers.
- Get a taste of island life as you discover the crystal clear waters and white sands of Koh Rong, home to some of the most beautiful and pristine beaches in all of Asia.
- Discover the wonders of the largest and one of the most amazing temples in the world. The fascinating and mind-blowing Angkor Wat.
10 days, 9 nights
- Airport Pickup
- All Activities
- All Accommodation
- All Transport
- Help with Onward Travel
- Day 1 : Cambodia Intro Begins!When you land in Phnom Penh after your flight we’ll be at the airport to meet you and take you to the hotel. You’ll have plenty of time to recover from your flight, chill out and meet everyone in your group. Tonight we’ll go out for dinner and some drinks.Meals :NoneDay 2 : S21 Prison & Killing FieldsAfter a tuk tuk tour through the crazy streets of Phnom Penh, we’ll make two important stops at the S21 Prison and the original Killing Fields to learn about the dark history of this fascinating country. A difficult day, but a must to understand the journey of the amazing Cambodian people in recent decades. That evening we’ll head for dinner and some drinks at a local street bar, followed by some of Phnom Penh’s best nightlife.Meals :BreakfastDay 3 : KampotToday, we will take a bus ride out of the crazy capital to the beautiful countryside province of Kampot. The next couple of nights are spent by the riverside, with plenty of time for swimming and relaxing. This afternoon we’ll kayak down the nearby rivers lined with palm trees before heading out on a boat for the sunset. If we’re lucky we’ll see fireflies by the river’s edge.Meals :BreakfastDay 4 : Pepper Plantation Visit & Cooking ClassThis morning we visit the local markets in Kampot town to buy ingredients for our Khmer cooking class. Later we’ll venture further out into the countryside to see why Kampot is renowned for having the best pepper in the world, with a tour around a pepper plantation. After discovering the flavours of this unique plantation, we’ll learn first hand how to make some of Cambodia’s most traditional meals.Meals :Breakfast, LunchDay 5 : Arrive in Koh RongIt’s now time to see the most beautiful beaches in Cambodia! We’ll take a bus and a fast ferry over to the stunning island of Koh Rong to check into our traditional Khmer style beach bungalows. After a few hours of beach time we’ll head out for dinner on the beach and a night out!Meals :Breakfast, LunchDay 6 : Island Boat TripAll aboard our private long tail boat to take us to some of the best snorkel spots around the islands, including the famous and secluded ‘long beach’. We’ll chill out on the whitest sands on the island, swim in crystal clear water and top up our tans. We’ll then watch the sunset as we cruise back around the island to our accommodation.Meals :BreakfastDay 7 : Beach time, Khmer Massage & Overnight BusEnjoy the morning relaxing with a traditional Khmer massage on the beach, taking in the beauty of Koh Rong before we take the fast ferry back to the mainland. We’ll have dinner in Sihanoukville and prepare for our overnight bus journey where you’ll have your own bed on the bus.Meals :NoneDay 8 : Floating VillageArrive early in Siem Reap with the morning to relax by our pool. From there we’ll venture out through some of the rural areas and discover the floating villages. To finish off the day we’ll head back to the city for a local performance, which supports the education and professional training of the local people.Meals :Breakfast, LunchDay 9 : Siem Reap & Angkor WatWe’ll travel by tuk tuk to the absolutely mind-blowing and world famous Angkor Wat Temple; the largest temple in the world! A local guide will join us to explain the fascinating history and its surrounding temples, including Ta Prohm where Tomb Raider was filmed.Meals :Breakfast, DinnerDay 10 : Check out & Onward TravelYour amazing 10 day adventure of Cambodia finishes in Siem Reap. We’ll help plan and organise your onward travel.Meals :Breakfast
Airport pickup is provided
Organised by Intro Travel AUD