Can Gio Biosphere Reserve Tour by Luxury Speedboat
Take a scenic journey by luxury speedboat to the mangrove forests of the UNESCO-listed Can Gio Biosphere Reserve. This full-day eco-adventure takes you from Ho Chi Minh City past canals of the Mekong Delta, stopping at a lively riverside market. You’ll explore Giant Bat Lagoon by rowboat, visit a crocodile reserve, trek through mangrove jungle, observe gibbons and monkeys, and enjoy bird watching with a knowledgeable guide. A chef serves a traditional Vietnamese lunch. Numbers are limited to 14 people, ensuring an informative experience with a small group.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Transport via air-conditioned vehicle
- Transport via luxury speedboat
- Snacks and beverages
- Entry/Admission - Can Gio Mangrove Biosphere Reserve
- Entry/Admission - Vam Sat Salt-Marsh Forest Ecological Tourist Center
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Once the target of chemical warfare and now resplendent with acres of mangrove forest, the UNESCO-designated Can Gio Biosphere Reserve, located south of Ho Chi Minh City, is teeming with wildlife and biodiversity.
After meeting your guide in your hotel lobby, you’re transferred to Ho Chi Minh City’s central pier in the morning. Then depart by luxury speedboat for the lush, green tributaries of the Mekong Delta. A light breakfast of pastries or sandwiches, tropical fruit and Vietnamese coffee is served on board as you relax in spacious comfort during the approx. 2-hour journey into Can Gio.
En route, your small-group tour visits the bustling Can Giuoc Market, which provides great photo ops of a traditional riverside market scene where you can sample the local produce. After you depart, the slow-paced agricultural world of the Mekong Delta begins to give way.
Cruise past a tapestry of green paddy fields, tropical fruit trees and water palms and move into a landscape of mangrove trees looming overhead. Once inside the reserve, listen as your guide discusses one of Vietnam’s most important ecosystems, which provides a habitat for 52 flora species and 200 fauna species.
Visit traditional fishing hamlets, where fishermen knot their nets by hand by the river, and then take to the tranquil waters of Giant Bat Lagoon by rowboat. After a short, guided trek through the mangroves, enjoy a traditional Vietnamese lunch at a private riverside location, including fresh spring rolls, lemongrass chicken and a delicious Mekong Delta specialty.
In the afternoon, arrive in Vam Sat Eco Park, where you can visit a crocodile reserve (and feed them via a fishing rod if you wish) to learn about the once-plentiful crocs that were hunted to near extinction. Be sure to keep an eye out for gibbons and monkeys swinging from trees in their natural habitat. Enjoy crab fishing and bird watching for local and migratory species, including painted storks and duck-billed pelicans, or take another mangrove jungle walk with your guide.
At the end of your full-day tour, depart Can Gio’s mangroves for Ho Chi Minh City, arriving back at the central pier where you’re taken back to your hotel by air-conditioned vehicle.
Departure Point :Saigon Waterbus Station, Bến Nghé, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pickup and drop off from all locations in District 1, 2 and 3
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking. An extra surcharge may apply for meal accommodations
- Comfortable shoes, sunscreen and insect repellent is recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.