Canoeing & Birdwatching on the Mangrove Forest in la Virgen Swamp
The swamp of la Virgen is the largest lake in Cartagena, on one of its sides, on the north of the city, we can find the small fishing village of la boquilla and an extensive mangrove forest ecosystem that offers refuge to several species of birds and fish.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Landing and facility fees
What's excluded :
- Anything that wasn't mentioned before.
This tour offers an Eco-friendly alternative to disconnect from the loud city and immerse oneself in the richness of nature, interact with the fishermen of la boquilla who have dominated this lands for at least two centuries and who descend from Africans who once were brought to be slaves but found in this part of the city a place to thrive.
The tour includes a peaceful canoe trip in the waters of the swamp, between the natural tunnels of mangroves allowing you to spot different species of birds and fish followed by a refreshing fresh coconut.
Visit an archaeological Museum located in one of the islands of mangroves, where you’ll be able to learn and discover from our ancestral indigenous culture. Enjoy a typical lunch with a local beer in one of the local restaurants on the beach.
Take pictures, interact with the community, learn from our past and present local life, try local food, cheers for life in the Caribbean!
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
From your accommodation in Cartagena, Airport or Cruise Ship Port.Ports
- Puerto De Cartagena
- Compañía de Puertos Asociados S.A.
- Sociedad Portuaria de Cartagena
- Sociedad Portuaria Regional de Cartagena S.A
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 5/25/2019 - 10/7/2021
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 12:00 PM
03:00 PM - 07:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- • Don't leave the group during the experience. • Don't talk to or accept anything from strangers. • Use hand sanitizer when you can’t wash your hands.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.