Caracol Maya Ruin Tour
The Caracol Mayan Ruin Tour is a moderate tour for kids 12 years and older. The entire tour takes approximately 8 hours (full day tour) and departs at 7:30am from San Ignacio it includes transportation, guide, park entrance fees and lunch. On the way back a stop is made in the Mountain Pine Ridge (Rio Frio Cave and the Rio On Pools) to cool off and enjoy a picnic lunch.
Two places that will be explored are the Rio Frio Cave and Rio On Pools.
MINIMUM 2 person
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Cooler available to store food/refreshments
- Bottled water - 1 liter bottle of water and bottle juice
- Lunch - Lunch is provided for full day tours which includes fruits and Belizean cuisine.
- Entry/Admission - The Maya Ruins of Caracol
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Maya Ruins of Caracol, 65 km south of San Ignacio Belize
Caracol is located within the Chiquibul reserve just on the border with Guatemala and is a major site in the Mayan History. This tour walks you through history, it was founded before the Common Era around 1200 years between 600 and 900 AD known as the classic period. Caracol was one of the largest Mayan Cities ever built, with more than 65 square miles and home to at least 150,000 people.
Caracol has about 30,000 structures and is home to three large plazas that contain two ball courts and scattering of smaller building and an acropolis. Photographs, diagrams and recovered artifacts from the site can be seen at the visitor center.
What to bring: hiking scandals/trainers, snacks, reusable water bottle, sunscreen, bug spray, camera and swim wear
Minimum 2 persons
Opening Hrs of Caracol Mayan Site : 7am- 4pm
Estimated time of tour: Approx. 7hrs
Cost of this package: 115USD per person
Tour Package includes:
Complete Tour of the Caracol
● Admission fee
● Bottled water
● Bottle Juice
● Snacks /Lunch
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Rio Frio Cave, Mountain Pine Ridge Area Belize
The Rio Frio Cave is located in the Mountain Pine Ridge Forest Reserve. It was used as a sacred burial site for the ancient Maya. It measures more than 65 feet high and is a popular natural attraction known for its enormous front entry. It is a quarter mile filled with natural wonders, inside the cave are giant stalactite, enormous coloured boulders, stone chandeliers, water pools and waterfalls. This popular destination can be toured by individuals of different ages especially on a hot day.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Rio On Pools, Augustine Belize
The Rio on Pools is located 15 miles off the Western Highway from the Santa Elena Town in the Mountain Pine Ridge and is surrounded by 300 square miles of Caribbean Pine and forest reserve. It is famous for its fresh-water pools and appealing waterfalls which makes it the perfect picnic location with a beautiful view of the area from the riverbank. This natural beauty is easily accessible and can be enjoyed by anyone, for the different sizes and depths of the pools. This tour is a day filled with sunbathing, water massages, relaxation and swimming at a natural spa.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :1: Venus Hotel, 29 Burns Avenue, San Ignacio, Belize
2: Midas Belize, Branch Mouth Road, San Ignacio, Belize
Traveler pickup is offered
We do pick ups from hotels in San Ignacio, Cayo.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum 2 person
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.