Cas Cay - Kayak Hike and Snorkel Adventure
This award winning tour offers a unique, multi-eco experience. Kayak among the many small islands that make up St. Thomas' Mangrove Lagoon, including the pristine Cas Cay. This wildlife sanctuary and marine reserve is world famous for its winding, shallow waterways, beautiful mangrove trees with nesting birds, and colorful marine life. Hike and explore Cas Cay! Try your luck with a hermit crab race in a forest with an unusual community of thousands of hermit crabs. An eight minute walk along a level sandy, coral and shell rubble trail leads you to a dramatic area of cliffs with breathtaking views, tidal pools and a rare geologic blowhole. Relax and enjoy the sounds of the splashing water and the beautiful rock and cliff formations. Your guide will show you many new and interesting creatures and unforgettable places. After an eight minute hike back to the kayaks, you will don your mask, snorkel and life jacket and snorkel with colorful fish and sting rays.
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of snorkel equipment, kayak paddles, masks, life jackets and mesh bag to hold items that can get wet.
- lockers, dressing rooms, and toilet facilities
- safety briefing and kayak/paddling/snorkeling instruction
What's excluded :
- Photos (available to purchase)
- Departs from Mangrove Lagoon Marina on St. Thomas
- Kayak through many small islands made up of red mangrove trees
- Hike and explore Cas Cay, a pristine, deserted island complete with tidal pools, volcanic cliffs, and a geological blowhole
- Snorkel in a coral fringed mangrove nursery
• Virgin Islands Ecotours, 6526 Estate Nazareth, 00802-1134 St. Thomas
Departure Point :Virgin Islands Ecotours ~ Cas Cay Kayak, Hike & Snorkel, Kayak Rentals, Night and Sunset Kayak Tours, 6526 Estate Nadir, St. Thomas Mangrove Lagoon Wildlife Sanctuary & Marine Reserve, St. Thomas, VI 00802, USVI
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please arrive at Virgin Islands Ecotours 15 minutes prior to your tour time.
- At Virgin Islands Ecotours you will find a gift shop, restroom facilities, dressing rooms and lockers for your valuables.
- The hike is 8 minutes in each direction on an uneven, level sandy trail mixed with coral rubble
- Please bring a bathing suit and towel, shoes that can get wet, and sun protection including sunscreen, sunglasses, hats, etc.
- Minimum age is 2 years old.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- mask required at check-in, not required while kayaking or snorkeling
- adhering to social distancing guidelines
- additional sanitation measures taken on site for COVID-19
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Face masks required for check-in. Not required for kayaking or snorkeling. Additional sanitation procedures in place. Adhering to social distancing guidelines.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.