Catacombs and Appian way Tour
On this half-day tour of the catacombs outside Rome you will visit the Catacombs of San Callisto and learn why burial in this way became a necessity.
You will walk a part of the Via Appia Antica, the so-called ‘Appian Way’, one of Ancient Rome’s oldest and most important roads’ used for military expeditions and along which thousands of slaves were crucified during Spartacus’ revolt.
You will also see the Circus of Maxentius and one of Rome’s aqueducts, vital for providing enough water for the capital of an empire, learning about its complicated structure and construction.
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed guide
- Saint Callisto's Catacombs
- Cecilia Metella Mausoleum
- Circus Maxentius
- Claudio Aqueduct
- Entry/Admission - Catacombs of Saint Callixtus
What's excluded :
- Food / Beverage
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Catacombs of Saint Callixtus, Via Appia Antica 110, 00179 Rome Italy
Saint Callisto's catacombs guided tour
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Circus of Maxentius, Via Appia Antica 153, 00179 Rome Italy
Cisrcus of Maxentius guided tour
Pass By: Mausoleo di Cecilia Metella, Via Appia Antica, 161, 00178 Rome Italy
English walking tour
Pass By: Via Appia Antica, Via Appia, Rome Italy
Guided walking tour on the ancient via Appia
Pass By: Acquedotto Claudio, Viale Appio Claudio, 115, 00174 Rome Italy
Guided walking tour
Departure Point :Via Cavour, 224, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :9:45 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for claustrophobic people
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.