Cave Church, Garbage City & The City of the Dead In Cairo
visit the Famous Cave Church of St. Simon in Cairo , passing by the Garbage City in Cairo and The City of the Dead. Private guided tour enables you to see some Local sites in cairo
per adult from
What's included :
- - Round trip transfer from / to your destination in private air-conditioned vehicle .
- - Egyptologist tour guide with the language you speak.
- - All the entrance fees to all the mentioned sites as per the itinerary.
- - Bottled water during your trip.
- - lunch at a local restaurant.
- - All Service charges & taxes
What's excluded :
- - Any extras not mentioned in the itinerary
- - Tipping
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Cave Church, Mokattam, Cairo 11511 Egypt
Sun Pyramids Tours`s guide will be Pickup you from your Hotel at 10:00 am To Start your day Tour to visit The Famous Cave Church of St. Simon in Cairo There are seven cave churches carved into the nearby Moqattam Mountain. The Monastery of St. Simon the Tanner is the largest and has an amphitheater with a seating capacity of 20,000. It is worth a visit if you are interesting to see something different in Egypt.
Then passing by the Garbage City in Cairo where it`s located in a very local neigborhood that calls Manshiyat naser, or “Garbage City in Cairo” as it’s better known as, is a slum settlement located to the southeast of Cairo. Its inhabitants are affectionately known as “Garbage People”, because they have been sustaining themselves for decades as Cairo’s unofficial sanitation crew.
The Garbage People, comprising mostly Coptic Christians, first immigrated to Cairo in the 1930s in search of big city dreams and land under their feet. Being very poor, and without a solid 401k plan, they got by whatever way they could: living in makeshift housing and recycling the city’s compostable waste products by feeding it to their pigs.
Today, Cairo’s Garbage People make ends meet by going door to door to pick up people’s trash for a nominal fee, which is then brought back to their Garbage City neighborhoods. There, they sort and recycle everything they could, using it for their own manufacturing.
Note : You will be Passing Through Garbage Place Without getting Off from the Car as the Place is almost Full of Garbage with very bad Smell that can cause diseases that`s why we created a passing through Trip because Customer`s Safety is our main Concern
Then passing with The City of the Dead,which is an Islamic necropolis and cemetery below the Mokattam Hills in southeastern Cairo
Meals: Lunch .
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup you from your Hotel
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.