Cave of Maquiné / Cordisburgo 01 day
Visit to Maquiné Cave, its name is in honor of its former owner: Joaquim Maria do Maquiné. Wonderful, stupendous, colossal, of rare beauty, its huge rooms, with rare speleothems, that is, the formations inside the Grotto: Stalactites, Stalagmites, Electites, Travertines, Curtains, among others. Scientifically discovered by the Dane, Peter Willelm Lund, in 1834. Minas Gerais is known as the cradle of paleontology, archeology and caving in America. Located in the city of Cordisburgo, city of the heart and of the great Minas Gerais writer João Guimarães Rosa, we will get to know his childhood home, his history, stories, excerpts from his books contacted by the “Miguilins”, who are the teenagers of the city that they leave registered in the memory of those who visit the Casa João Guimarães Rosa Museum. Stopping at the famous Elephant House, it is a house made with the shape, the architecture of the building in the form of a very large Indian Elephant, very interesting.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Tour guide
- Travel insurance for Brazilians
- Entrance ticket to the Maquiné Cave
- Entrance ticket to the Guimarães Rosa Museum
- Entry/Admission - Maquine Cave
- Entry/Admission - Casa Guimaraes Rosa Museum
- Entry/Admission - Escultura Casa Elefante
What's excluded :
- Drinks during lunch.
- Personal expenses.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Maquine Cave, Via Alberto Ramos, MG-231, S/N Zona Rural, Cordisburgo, State of Minas Gerais 35780-000 Brazil
One of the most beautiful caves open to visitors in the country. We will go through its 7 rooms, each with a rare beauty in its formations called speleothems. Its size, the height of the ceilings, its shapes are impressive. We will have a guided tour with a local driver. You will surely take many beautiful photos of this amazing place.
Duration: 55 minutes
Stop At: Casa Guimaraes Rosa Museum, Avenida Padre Joao 744 Centro, Cordisburgo, State of Minas Gerais 35780-000 Brazil
Simple and simple house where the great Minas Gerais writer João Guimarães Rosa spent his childhood, in front of the house had the Venda do Seu Flô, Mr. Florduardo Pinto Rosa, his father, where today we have the replica of this Venda, typical dry and wet trade , that place that had everything in the town or city of that time. Our visit will be Guided by a Miguilim, who are teenagers from the city who show the house as a whole and in the background tell excerpts from João's books to tourists. This moment is very emotional.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Escultura Casa Elefante, MG-231, 1552 - Rua Sao Jose, Cordisburgo, State of Minas Gerais Brazil
Local sculptor who makes his art using reinforced concrete, mainly with animals, giving wings to a dog, a snake, and the most interesting is the full-size elephant, Indian style that inside will be a house, all planned, with its rooms and even a lookout. Too much your creativity, which we will get to know up close
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Portal Grande Sertao, Praca da Crianca Miguilim, Cordisburgo, State of Minas Gerais 35780-000 Brazil
Homage to the writer João Guimarães Rosa, the portal is composed of bronze sculptures of six cowboys mounted on their horses, a dog and the writer himself. The monument is allusive to the expedition that gave rise to the literary work Grande Sertão: Veredas.
The author of the work, Léo Santana, began to idealize it in 2008, the centenary year of the writer's birth. He explains: "Everything is finished in a very objective way, without losing its essence. We were able to place the pieces at the height of the viewer and cause an interaction between them and the honoree ... the sertanejos that make up the portal are not characters in the work of Guimarães , but people who live in the hinterland, with hinterland traits and behaviors that I saw in the regions I visited and in the works. The dog is represented because it is recurrent in Rosa's works and is always present in the hinterland of Minas Gerais ".
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Mm Gerdau Museum Of Mines And Metal, Praça da Liberdade, s/n - Funcionários, Belo Horizonte - MG, 30140-010, Brazil
Traveler pickup is offered
Please be at the reception of the hotel or at the meeting place chosen by the client 10 minutes before the departure of the experience. Bring an ID with a CPF or passport.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.