Cave Tubing at Nohoch Che' en Caves Reserve
If you are visiting Belize and enjoy cave tubing, kayaking and Zip lining Nohoch Che’en caves located at Caves Branch is definitely one of the ten top things to do in Belize.
Our country holds the largest cave system in Central America and the Caves Branch forms part of this natural wonder. In 2010 Nohoch Che’en or Caves Branch was declared a 15.5 acre archaeological reserve by the Belize government. Many caves are located in this area including Petroglyph, Pothunters, Satabe, Footprints, St. Margret’s Cave, Pottery Cave, and Caves Branch Rock Shelter among others.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Snacks - Fruit and refreshments
- Life vest,Helmets and Tube
- Entry/Admission - Nohoch Che'en Caves Branch Archaeological Reserve
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Nohoch Che'en Caves Branch Archaeological Reserve, Frank Eddie Village, Cayo, Belize, Belize City Belize
Nohoch Che'en Caves Branch Archaeological Reserve also known as the Cave Branch, is approximately a 19 miles network of caves in the Cave Branch Valley. It is located West at mile 37 on the George Price Highway. Where you will need to make a left turn and proceed for another 6miles.
The tour is approximately 3 hours, which includes a 45 minutes hike and a gentle float through the caves. With the aid of headlamp you will witness schools of cave fish, Stalactites, and a number of amazing Mayan Paintings situated high on the cave ceilings.
The Caves Branch is one of the top 10 things to do in Belize. Visitors get to experience and observe a unique opportunity of the awesome geological features of this site and also ponder the nature of the Pre-Historic human utilization.
Geological research indicates that the caves took several thousand of years to form. Archaeologist also estimates that these caves were used from the middle Pre-Classic to the Post Classic Periods by the Mayas primarily for burials and rituals.
This tour is a half day tour that usually start at 8:30a.m.
Message us to find out about our evening tour.
Usual tour schedule:
Things to know:
MINIMUM 2 persons
Est. time of tour: Approx. 4-8hrs
Height: 40 in (minimum)
Tour Package includes:
Tour of Caves Branch Cave Tubing
Use of Equipment
Snacks and Refreshments
Things to Bring:
Extra clothes to change
Sturdy walking shoe/water shoe
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We do pick ups from hotels and Airbnb's within San Ignacio Town, Cayo.Hotels that are not with San Ignacio or Santa Elena Town limits might be charged a service fee for pick up and drop off. We will contact you regarding the additional fee.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum 2 persons
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.