Ceramic Plate Creating Workshop in Saitama
First of all, please check Instagram: #wasabijppottery #wasabijp
we are "wasabi experience project"
This project provides Japan's carefully selected superb experiences.
Try your hand at ceramic art in this 2-hour workshop at a craft studio in Kawaguchi City, Saitama, where many artists and craftspeople flock to work on their creations. Create your original ceramic plate by shaping a clay slab on which you can freely engrave patterns and press various molds to express your imagination. After the crafting session, enjoy some snacks with tea served in teacups masterfully crafted by our talented instructors. This is a perfect introduction to the world of ceramic art for beginners as all of our instructors are award-winning female potters who will guide you through every step of the process.
per adult from
What's included :
- Material costs
- Firing fee
- Japanese green tea and sweets
What's excluded :
- Shipping costs
1. Arrive at Atelier Me-Mic Works in Kawaguchi City, about 40 minutes by train from central Tokyo. Meet your instructor and hear a brief description of the process. (10 min)
2. Watch a demonstration by the instructor and learn the techniques. (10 min)
3. Once you come up with design ideas, try them out on a practice slab first and then set to work on the actual plate. Form the clay into your ideal shape, then engrave patterns and marks on it using a chisel as well as various molds and create your own one-of-a-kind plate. (80 min)
4. Learn about the firing and glazing process. (5 min)
5. Have a fun chat with the instructor while enjoying some Japanese tea and snacks before the end of the session. (15 min)
• Saitama, Saitama, Saitama Prefecture, Kanto
Departure Point :1-chōme-1-7 Motogō, Kawaguchi, Saitama 332-0011, Japan
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Come with casual clothes as they may get dirty during the process.
- It will take approximately 3 weeks before your plate is complete. If you want it sent internationally, the fees must be paid on the day of the activity. Shipping costs vary depending on the delivery address as well as the weight of the shipment. Domestic shipments can be paid on delivery.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.