Cerro Pelado Sunset Hike
A photo doesn’t capture what you will feel here, wherever you look, it looks like a painting. Come enjoy one of the best sunsets in Costa Rica with unique and spectacular views once at the top of the peak.
per adult from
5 to 7 hours
What's included :
- Walking Stick
- Snacks - Bottled Water
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Cerro Pelado
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cerro Pelado, Juntas Costa Rica
Have you ever felt like something is so majestic that it leaves you speechless? If your response is no, or if you want to have that feeling again, Cerro Pelado (Pelado Peak) awaits you.
Once at Cerro pelado we start our hour-and-a-half walk, which is about how long the journey to the peak takes. Our goal is to reach the top of the peak to see the sunset.
With a flashlight in hand, water in our backpack, a walking stick and a snack, we start our adventure.
We have to climb the first KM in order to reach the peak of the mountain. From there, it’s another three-kilometer walk to the base of the peak.
It takes us about 40 minutes to complete the first part. It’s of moderate intensity.
On our way up, the sky will clear up and begin the signs of spectacular scenery. From then on, everything is magic.
The sunset is right in front of us; to one side, off in the distance, the Tilarán wind turbines; and at our backs, green hills and plains that extend for what seems like an eternity.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Mario Cañas Ruiz Park, Guanacaste Province, Liberia, Costa Rica
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our experiences follow the COVID-19 *related safety and cleaning guidelines*including adhering to social distancing guidelines, practicing good hygiene, and ensuring that all participants wear a mask,created and supervised by the Costa Rican Chamber of Tourism and the Costa Rican Ministry of Health
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.