Charleston Paddleboard Lessons
Much of Charleston's low country landscape is only accessible by paddleboard, and this 1-hour Folly Beach paddleboard lesson will help you explore the river or waves of Charleston's most popular island. Depending upon your experience level, you can either paddle calm waters of the river behind the island, or try your hand at surfing the waves that crash on the sandy coast. Throughout the lesson the professional instructors will not only teach you to paddleboard, but also offer inside an inside look at life as a Charleston local.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Board rental, life jacket, leash, and any other SUP necessities
What's excluded :
- Whether you're an avid paddleboarder or just looking for a fun activity to do while in Charleston, this 1-hour SUP lesson is the perfect way to experience Charleston from the water. The lesson takes place on Folly Beach just 25 minutes from Charleston, and is the perfect activity for families, groups, and even Charleston locals.
If it's your first time trying out paddleboarding, the expert instructors will teach how to stand and balance on the board, as well as the proper stroke techniques to maximize your time on the water. Connect with nature while looking for bird life as you casually cruise the calm waters, or kick the adventure up a notch by trying to ride some waves. Since all the instructors are lifelong surfers, they can teach you the basics of surf etiquette and choosing which waves to ride, and all rentals include life jacket, leash, and all paddling necessities.
Departure Point :Charleston, Charleston, South Carolina
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wear clothes you don't mind getting wet
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.