Charley's Chocolate Factory Tour, Mission Beach Including Aussie Farm Lunch
Enjoy Australia’s only cocoa tree to chocolate bar experience on this 3-hour tour. Charley’s Chocolate is unique in Australia and one of only a few places in the world where you can experience the whole journey of chocolate from “Cocoa Tree to Chocolate Bar”. It is deliberately not a theme park as they focus on its authenticity and showcasing how one of everyone's favorite foods comes into being. Charley’s guides are passionate about what they do and want you to share the fascinating chocolate story. The tour will be fun, very much “hands on” and hugely informative.
per adult from
What's included :
- Chocolate Tastings.
- BBQ Lunch
- Entry/Admission - Charley's Chocolate Factory
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Infant meals
- Throughout your tour you will take a look at the fascinating 3,800 year history of cocoa, visit the tree nursery and a mature cocoa tree plantation, see the tiny orchid like flowers and ripe cocoa pods.
Next, look at age old fermentation and drying techniques followed by a visual as you see the cocoa pod being opened and a tasting of the cocoa nibs.
You'll also take part in some of the steps of making actual chocolate including a sampling and tasting session. The chocolate is Australian grown and made premium chocolate featuring several Pacific Island region varieties.
Next you'll enjoy an Aussie farm lunch featuring local grass fed beef burgers BBQ’d to perfection and served with caramelized onion and a choice of condiments. (Vegetarian or gluten free option is available but MUST be pre-ordered at time of booking). Soft drinks and spring water are available to purchase on the day.
Please note, while on tour kids must be supervised at all times and no smoking is permitted. All walking is on level or very slightly sloping gravel or grass. Minimal fitness is all that is required.
Charley’s is an all weather tour, at times this may mean slightly muddy conditions underfoot. However, this also means you can visit Charley’s when other tours may not be available.
Departure Point :Mount Edna Mission Beach
Departure Time :10.30am
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant meals not included
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.