Cheese, Chocolate and Wine in the Bern Region from Luzern
This tour from Luzern will take you to the places where Swiss delicacies are made and in many cases take you on a interactive on self guided tours in cheese and chocolate factories as well as vineyards in some stunning locations. This particular cheese chocolate and wine tour is located in the Bern region.
Visit the Cailler chocolate factory in Broc and then journey 15 mins to the Gruyere cheese dairy. The Lavaux Vineyards on the banks of lake Geneva are amazing to visit. A city tour of the nations capital Bern is also possible taking in the Bear enclosure, the Rosegarden, the Clock Tower and the Parliament buildings.
In all cases there will either be a self guided tour or a demonstration so guests or a chance to see the products be produced on site and naturally there will be a chance to sample the delicious products and buy some. Your guide will be with you at all times.
This all adds up to a delicious and interesting Tour !!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Admissions to cheese and chocolate factories and vineyards.
- Entry/Admission - Lavaux Vineyard Terraces
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: La Gruyere, La Gruyere, La Gruyere, Canton of Fribourg
Visit one of the most famous cheese dairies in Switzerland and see how this centuries old cheese is produced using local milk. It`s a self guided tour where you can see the production on most days. You are given some varieties of Gruyere to sample and check out the shop and the cafe for some cheesy dishes. Small admission fee 7chf.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Broc, Broc, La Gruyere, Canton of Fribourg
Visit the Maison Cailler (Nestle) chocolate factory in Broc, 10 minutes from Gruyere. This is one of the premier chocolate experiences in Switzerland and will take you on a journey showing you the history of chocolate and how Cailler chocolate is produced. Naturally you will have the chance to sample some creations and buy some edible creations in the shop. 15chf Admission fee.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Gruyeres, Gruyeres, La Gruyere, Canton of Fribourg
Just a 10 minute walk up the hill from the Gruyere cheese factory is the walled medieval village of Gruyere itself. From here, check out the stunning views over the lush fields with cows grazing. Visit the HR Giger (Alien film designer) the castle itself and have lunch in one of the many delicious restaurants and naturally try a cheese product or another local tradition - meringues .
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bern, Bern, Bern Mittelland District, Canton of Bern
Spend an hour or two in the nations capital Bern and visit some of it`s treasures such as the Rosegarden, giving amazing views of the city. Drop down to view the symbol of Bern, the 3 bears in their enclosure. Cross the bridge and walk into town, pass Einsteins House on route to the 14th Century Cathedral, the Clock Tower before arriving at the Parliament buildings.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Lavaux Vineyard Terraces, Lutry Switzerland
Drive above Montreux and Vevey to the Lavaux vineyards overlooking Lake Geneva. Visit a local vineyard and sample reds, whites and sparkling varieties and see how these underrated wines are produced.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Lucerne, Switzerland
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Swiss Govt safe and clean program being followed strictly.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.