Chernobyl Tour from Kiev
This tour is a result of our 19-year history of designing, negotiating with the government to bring it to the level where the comfort for the visitors and accessibility to the major sites don’t conflict with the safety. As the biggest tour provider to Chernobyl Zone we guarantee the quality of the tour. We have a team of well trained guides. We are the first to make GPS Chernobyl Tour audio Guide in English, French, Spanish, Chinese, Czech and Japanese. We use our modern minibuses Mercedes and VV which have been a clear step ahead of its class, especially in terms of safety. The trip to Chernobyl is over 330 km. We pay lots of attention to our drivers training. All our minibuses meet European standards for the passenger transportation (e.g. dual wheel rear axle). All vehicles have air and seat belts, wifi routers and USB charges for the passengers. The speed and location is controlled via our GPS monitoring system to make sure our guests have a safe and pleasant ride along the route.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Permits for Chernobyl Zone
- Entry/Admission - Reactor No 4
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Maidan Nezalezhnosti, Kyiv (Kiev) 02000 Ukraine
Your tour begins by meeting your tour staff at the departure point where they will check your passports and dress code. We meet in front of the Kozatskiy hotel, on the Independence Square. Enjoy a cup of coffe before the tour.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Reactor No 4, Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant, Chernobyl Ukraine
Drive to Chernobyl with passing Dytyatky checkpoint (on the border of the 30-km Exclusion Zone). You will see an informative and stunning documentary during the 2-hour ride.
Entry to the 30km Exclusion Zone. Meeting your guide (if a guide doesn't come with you from Kiev).
Arrival to Chernobyl. Introductory briefing on the Exclusion Zone administrative division and regulations, RAW disposal, etc.
Sightseeing Chernobyl town.
Entry to the 10 km Zone by passing Leliv checkpoint.
On the way to the Power Plant you stop at almost fully buried Kopachi village and check its kindergarten which we can enter.
Sightseeing Reactor #4 from a 270m distance and construction site of a new sarcophagus.
Stop near the Red Forest and Pripyat road sign.
Sightseeing Pripyat town: Lenin Street, the main square, the palace of culture, Polissya hotel, supermarket; Ferris wheel, the stadium, school, swimming pool, hospital, etc.
Drive through the tiny part of western radioactive trace.
Passage through Leliv checkpoint. Radiation control before the lunch.
Lunch at the Chernobyl canteen - all ingredients are brought from the outside and ecologically clean. A vegetarian meal is available upon request.
Important -Duga 3 (so called "Russian Woodpecker", military over the horizon radar and it?s base called "Chernobyl 2")
Final check out at Dytyatki checkpoint. Compulsory radiation control.
Return to Kiev around 7:30 pm
Duration: 10 hours
Departure Point :Aroma Kava, Mykhailivs'ka St, 1, Kyiv, Ukraine, 02000
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Minimum age is 18 years (the age limit can be discussed in each case)
- Any booking made within 1 day prior to departure is unlikely to be confirmed.
- Dress code is important - no sandals, no shorts, no sleeveless T-Shirts.
- Bring your passport - visitors without a passport won't be allowed on the tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- You require to download audio guide app for other than English language.
- We recommend wearing sturdy boots or footwear with tough soles. Please make sure to have socks on so no body flesh is exposed.
- Please bring repellent if you visit in spring summer and early fall.
- There are quite a few homeless dogs in the zone. If you like dogs you can bring some dog food with you and feed them.
- Wheelchair ramp equipped minibus is available upon request
- If you prefer an audio guide you have to download a free app (OIS or Android) - please ask our guide for a pair of earphones if you need ones.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 150 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.