Chiang Mai Small Group Foodie Tour - Night Market Thai Food Tour
● Brush-up on your Northern Thai history as told by a local guide
● Discover a wealth of delicious dishes beyond the quintessential Khao Soi
● Immerse yourself in Chiang Mai’s markets and temples
● Interact with restaurant / stall owners and chefs at authentic eateries
per adult from
6 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Hotel Pick up and Drop Off
- Air-conditioned Vehicle
- English-speaking tour guide
- Food tasting in Warorot Market and Chang Puak Gate night market
- Entrance Fees (Wat Chedi Luang 40THB)
- Entry/Admission - Wat Chedi Luang Varavihara
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks
- Personal Expense
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Warorot Market (Kad Luang), between Thapae Road and Chang Moi Road In the north of Nawarat Bridge and the west side of Ping River, Chiang Mai Thailand
Eat your way through Chiang Mai with this delicious experience that will throw you headfirst into Lanna food culture. Your licensed local tour guide will begin by giving you a quick brush-up of local history at Warorot Market. The city’s largest and most diverse street market is also one of Chiang Mai’s oldest, having been around for over a century. Inside, we’ll stop at our favorite stands and try local highlights like Sai Oua (Northern Thai sausage made daily), fresh Golden Curl, mango sticky rice, and Thai iced tea.
After the Warorot Market will be a visit to a flower market as well.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Wat Chedi Luang Varavihara, 103 Phra Pok Klao Road Phra Singh, Chiang Mai 50200 Thailand
A walk through Wat Chedi Luang in the Old City should help the food go down a little. The Buddhist temple in the city’s historic centre – famous for its towering Lanna-style chedi within a sprawling compound – has been described as “powerfully atmospheric”.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Chang Phuak Gate Night Market - Food Stalls, 248/70 Manee Nopparat Rd, Tambon Si Phum, Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai, Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
We’ll ride to the Chang Puak (Elephant) Gate Night Market, where we’ll enjoy a couple street food must-eats to cap the evening – after all, it is a tour meant for foodies! Taste the well known “cow girl” stewed pork leg on rice and enjoy a freshly made, hot rotee. Going to bed hungry is NOT an option tonight!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Pratu Chiang Mai, Mun Mueang Road, Rat Chiang Saen Rd, Chiang Mai 50200 Thailand
An excellent night market with all sorts of stalls / vendors selling mainly street food. You will be able to see what locals eat.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Talad Warorot, Chang Moi Sub-district, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50300, Thailand
Traveler pickup is offered
Free pick-up and drop-off only for customers located in the central city of Chiang Mai and the surrounding areas of the Old City Wall in Chiang Mai Province including Chang Klan Road, Thapae Road, Wualai Road in zones of the Night Bazaar, Lam Yai Market (Kad Luang), Sunti Tham, Nimmanhaemin Road, Super Highway Road from Rin Come Square to Kuang Sing Square pass road, Arkhet Transfer Station, Railway station and Chiang Mai Airport, Areas within 2km from the city area (Muang District). Exact pickup time depends on participants’ respective locations. The driver will contact you the evening before your activity date to confirm the exact time. IMPORTANT NOTICEKindly be at your meeting point/hotel lobby (please ensure your accommodation is within our free pickup areas) at least 10 minutes before the stated meeting/pick up time. Our tour guides will only wait a maximum of 10 minutes for you before proceeding to the next stop. If you are headed to a meeting point, we would like to stress that heavy traffic in the mornings is expected, and can vary greatly when compared to the travel time stated in navigation apps (e.g. Google Maps, Waze, etc.). Please make sure to consider leaving with enough time to reach your destination.IMPORTANT: IF AVAILABLE, PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR HOTEL NAME AND ADDRESS BEFORE COMPLETING THE PAYMENT
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.