Chinatown Dim Sum Tour
Dim Sum, which means "Point of the Heart", lives up to its name in Vancouver, BC's historic Chinatown. Originally a Cantonese family tradition (sometimes called Yum Cha (drink tea)) with small, shared dishes, often served in bamboo steamers, Dim Sum has become a staple for foodies in the lower mainland and all over the world.
Let our knowledgeable and entertaining guides take you on a Vancouver food tour adventure to some of our favourite hidden gems where you will sample dishes like Har-Gow (delicious steamed shrimp dumplings, packed with flavour), Char Sui (white and fluffy steam buns stuffed with BBQ pork or vegetables), Xiao Long Bao (steamed dumpling with pork and broth filling (think inside out wonton)), and sweet egg tarts to top it all off.
Visit the largest Chinatown in Canada on a walking food tour, learn about the rich history and culture, fill your belly with amazing food, and have a great time doing it.
per adult from
What's included :
- Food tasting
- Live commentary on board
- Local Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- What's Included in My Tour?
-Your amazing guide
-Delicious hand-chosen dishes at each venue.
-Umbrellas if it is raining on walking food tours
-Round trip transportation on driving food tours (available addition for private groups)
Want something a little extra for your private group? Add a visit to Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Gardens. Named World's Top City Garden by National Geographic, the covered walkways, jade green pools with Koi fish, and collection of 150 years old miniature trees is the perfect way to top off your Chinatown food tour.
Sample Activity Schedule:
Meet at 1:30 PM outside Chinese Cultural Centre (Note that this tour is not affiliated with the Chinese Cultural Centre, please do not inquire within). We will then walk to Sat Yat-Sen Public Gardens, then off to our cultivated dim sum spots. Included in your tour is all food, tea, live commentary in English.
Departure Point :50 E Pender St, Vancouver, BC V6A 3V6, Canada
Departure Time :12:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.