Christ Church Oxford Private Tour
Unique, personal, exclusive tour of Christ Church for 1 or 2 people. Guided by an Oxford Graduate, a fully qualified Green Badge Guide and expert on this most famous of Oxford Colleges. A full hour's walking tour full of fascinating facts, amazing anecdotes, and stunning sights. The inspiration for Alice in Wonderland and Harry Potter's Hogwarts; the intellectual breeding ground of 13 British Prime Ministers (and the founder of Pennsylvania); the site of an 11th century massacre; the unmarked grave of a Saxon Princess; the only Cathedral in the world which is also a College chapel...and much much more.
No queuing, no lines, we go straight in. Entry fees all included.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Introduction to Oxford City and University. Introduction to Christ Church. The unique Oxford collegiate and tutorial system and why we are the Number One University in the world. Foundation and early history. Development and growth. Famous history. Henry VIII, his 6 wives, and the founder of Christ Church, Cardinal Wolsey. Famous resident Charles I and the English Civil War. Robert Peel and the establishment of the first ever police force and the British "Bobby". The Legend of the Saxon Princess and her rejected suitor old King Algar. The spellbinding architecture. The Alice in Wonderland connections and stories. The world class Cathedral Choir and when to listen to them for free. The shrine to Oxford's patron saint St Frideswide, and the Tudor Catholic Queen who prayed to her in vain for a son. The tragic story of St Thomas Beckett and King Henry II. The Great Hall. Why Christ Church is 5 minutes behind everywhere else. Why it is NEVER called "Christ Church College".
Departure Point :The Meadow Building, Christ Church, Oxford
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.