Christian Heritage Private Tour In Istanbul: Byzantine Churches
Follow the Christian heritage in Istanbul by luxury private car and private guide. Spend a full day around the old city, visit spectacular Byzantine Churches including Patriarch, Blacharnae, St. Savour-in-Chora, Pammarictos, Pege, St.Sargius and Bacchus and Pantocrator Churches.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- The PATRIARCHATE at Fener, by the Golden Horn, is the heart of the global Orthodox Christian community. After Constantine the Great" s declaration of Christianity as a freely practiced the religion in Roman Empire, the capital was moved from Rome to Byzantium. Though the city was conquered by Muslim Ottomans in 1453, Sultan Mehmet"s wisdom, vision of coexistence among civilizations and policies of tolerance have encouraged the seat of Patriarch to remain in the city.
CHURCH OF PANAGIA BLACHERNAE, the best known and most celebrated shrine of the Holy Virgin located near the Golden Horn. Famed with the hagiasma (fountain of holly water). good to cure health problems, and the Hagionlousma sacred bath good to dean the soul, where event emperor sought grace of God to purify themselves.
ST. SAVIDR IN CHORA (Kariye), originally a Byzantine monastery, dedicated to Jesus Christ Savoir and Pantocrator, survived with fantastic mosaics and frescoes, portraying scenes from the Holy Bible, the life and miracles of Jesus.
Church of ST. MARY PAMMACARISTOS (Fethiye). built in Xl. Century by the Emperor John Comnenus, displaying the aesthetic refinement attained to the age of Paleologanage; and originally belonged to a convent of nuns. The abbey housed the Patriarchate for a while after the conquest.
ZOODOCHOS PEGE AT BALIKLI, dedicated to the Mother of God at Pege, with an underground cistern, full of goldfish related to a well-known miracle and the fountain of holly water, believed to cure many diseases, is one of the most celebrated shrines.
The monastic complex of Christ PANTOCRATOR (Zeyrek) was one of the largest and best organized of the Byzantine period, comprising two churches and a funerary chapel, baths, a hospice for the aged, a hospital and a medical school, a hostel for travelers and a library can only be seen from outside.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.