Christmas Ice Skating on Red Square with Free Christmas Drink
Soak up the festive cheer on the main square of Russia on this private 2-hour tour. Enjoy the unique Journey to Christmas on Red Square and go ice-skating on the prominent GUM ice-rink with your friendly local guide. After skating, browse vibrant Christmas stalls and fairy-tale looking chalets. Ask your guide to take pictures or videos of you while skating to get memorable shots/films.
Get Russian souvenirs and gifts at the adjacent Christmas and New Year markets and finish your beautiful tour at a cozy coffee shop in GUM department store warming up with a glass of delicious eggnog, cocoa, artisan coffee or herbal tea (at your choice).
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes
- Free hot Christmas drink at your choice
- Skating experience on Red Square
- Friendly local guide
- Private tour
- Multiple start times available
- Expert advice where to go and what to do after the tour
- Iconic places for photo shoot
- Flexible customizable itinerary
- Must-see attractions and off the beaten path
- Meeting in the hotel lobby
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Red Square
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Saint Basil's Cathedral
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Red Square, Moscow 109012 Russia
Meet your private guide in the hotel lobby at 10am and make your way to the Red Square. Timing is flexible:
Take in the sights and spirit of Christmas and New Year holidays in Moscow and have one hour ice-skating session. The ice rink accommodates up to 450 people and the beginning and the end of the session are accompanied with the beating of the clock on the Kremlin’s Spasskaya tower.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Kremlin Walls and Towers, Red Square, Moscow 613310 Russia
Take in the views of Kremlin walls and towers from outside
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Saint Basil's Cathedral, Red Square 2, Moscow 109012 Russia
See elegantly embellished monumental Kremlin walls, take a look at the Lenin’s Mausoleum..
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Lenin's Mausoleum, Red Square, Moscow 613310 Russia
Feast your eyes at the colorful domes of St. Basil’s Cathedral, the Mausoleum and admire the decor of GUM, high-end department store lit up with the twinkling lights and flamboyant garlands. Feel the incredible mélange of different historical epochs from the Middle Ages to present times and do not forget to snap astonishing pictures.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Moscow State Exhibition Hall ‘New Manege’, Building 3 Georgievskiy per d. 3, Moscow 125009 Russia
After fun at the skating rink, continue to the Christmas market located nearby. You will be guided through the market and you will hear interesting facts about most popular Russian souvenirs. Stock up on the handcrafted gifts and world-known Russian souvenirs like folk costumes, Matryoshka dolls and gingerbread cookies and much more.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: GUM, Red Square, 3 Metro Ploshchad Revolyutsii, Moscow 109012 Russia
Afterwards, venture to the luxury GUM shopping mall. Immerse yourself in the fantastic world of the books of Jules Verne and eye up to balloons, blimps and zeppelins with a huge gift baskets floating throughout the store. Amble through fashionable Christmas tree gallery and get impressed by its unique and sometimes quirky decorations (the decoration can be changed).
Step back in time and learn how New Year was celebrated in the USSR about 60 years ago taking a glance at the “New Year collection of honored artist Alexander Oleshko” exhibition featuring old postcards, cotton Santa Clauses, porcelain Snow Maidens and black and white photographs and installations depicting interiors of the apartments of those years.
Finish the tour with a glass of eggnog, cacao, fragrant coffee or refreshing hot tea.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your guide can also meet you at your hotel, hostel, vacation rental or a point of interest
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The tour can be modified to meet your preferences
- Private walking tour with the use of metro
- Please indicate prefer start time in comments when booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We are serious about taking extra precautions to stop the spread of this virus by practicing regular hand washing and sanitization. We practice social distancing measures through providing private tours only.This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.