Classic Venice: Doge's Palace & Saint Mark's Basilica, Gondola ride
-> Meet your guide in St Mark's square and start your combination tour discovering the buildings in the square and then we enter inside the Doge's Palace "Palazzo Ducale", a magnificent combination of Byzantine, Gothic and Renaissance architecture, the centre of the Venetian Empire and the seat of the Venetian Government. It was once the residence of the Doge, the elected ruler of the city.
-> The tour then continues into St Marks Basilica, which majestically symbolizes the lagoon and enshrines the city’s history and Saints relics. With its awe – inspiring gold mosaics our talented guide will walk you through the church.
-> In the afternoon you can choose the departure for your gondola at 3pm or 5.15pm. On this unique exploration of the Venetian romantic canals, unwind and relax into the gentle rhythms and movements of the Grand Canal, appreciating the skill involved in steering the gondola through the intricate waterways of the city.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Skip the line and entrance fees of the Saint Mark's Basilica and the Doge's Palace
- 30 minutes shared Classic gondola ride (no guide);
- Audio headset for tour commentary;
- Live tour commentary in English, French, German, Spanish or Italian
- Correr museum ticket entrance to visit on your own
- Assistance when boarding and before the walking tour
- Entry/Admission - Gondola Station - Santa Maria del Giglio
- Entry/Admission - Gondola Bauer
- Entry/Admission - Doge's Palace
- Entry/Admission - Basilica di San Marco
- Entry/Admission - Museo Correr
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Upstairs of Saint Marks Basilica is not included;
- Secret itineraries of Doge's Palace – we do not enter into these rooms;
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gondola Station - Santa Maria del Giglio, Campiello Traghetto, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
For the morning tour option, meet the Venice Events assistant and start your combination tour with a classical gondola ride, on this unique exploration of the Venetian romantic canals, unwind and relax into the gentle rhythms and movements of the Grand Canal, appreciating the skill involved in steering the gondola through the intricate waterways of the city.
As you sit back and take in the views, you will inevitably become involved in the friendly banter of the gondoliers - as much a part of Venetian culture as the gondola itself!
This charming tour will take you one step closer to the romantic facades of Venice and will enable you to understand what it was to be truly Venetian.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Gondola Bauer, Calle Larga XXII Marzo, 2091/b, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
For the afternoon tour option, meet the assistant in front of the post office in calle Larga Ascensione San Marco and then start your combination tour enjoying a classic gondola ride from the gondola station in campo San Moisè in front of the Bauer Hotel.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Doge's Palace, P.za San Marco, 1, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
The tour then continues as we skip the line into the Doge's Palace, a magnificent combination of Byzantine, Gothic and Renaissance architecture. Once the residence of the Doge (Duke) the elected ruler of the city. We pass through lavish chambers and also cross the bridge of Sighs making our way though the new prisons.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Basilica di San Marco, Piazza San Marco 328, 30124 Venice Italy
In the last part of the tour you will discover the buildings in the square and then we skip the line into Saint Marks Basilica which majestically symbolise the lagoon and enshrines the city’s history and Saints relics. With its awe – inspiring gold mosaics our talented guide will walk you through to one of the main highlights of the Saint Mark's Basilica, the “Pala d’Oro” (Golden altar), with masterpieces by generations of Venetian Goldsmiths, universally recognized as one of the most refined and accomplished works of Byzantine craftsmanship and the most precious treasure in the Saint Mark's Basilica.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Museo Correr, Piazza San Marco San Marco 52, 30124 Venice Italy
At the end of the tour, keep your Doge's Palace ticket to visit on your own the Saint Mark's square museums: Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :1: P.za San Marco, 15, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
2: Calle larga de l'Ascension, 1256, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Departure Time :10:45 AM
Return Detail :St. Mark's Square, Piazza San Marco, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time;
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible;
- This activity operates rain or shine;
- This tour in gondola is not guided. Shared gondola with max. 6 people per gondola;
- Shoulders and knees must be covered in the Basilica;
- Backpacks are NOT allowed inside the Basilica and Doge's Palace;
- On very few occasions Saint Mark's Basilica may be closed due to religious ceremonies, public holidays, private events or high water and we are not always informed in advance;
- At the end of the tour, keep your Doge's Palace ticket to visit: Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana in Saint Mark's square.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.