Climb Mount Kilimanjaro: 6 Days Umbwe Route
Umbwe route is a short, steep and direct route which based in the south and is said to be the most scenic and difficult one offered on Kilimanjaro. Main reason that Umbwe route considered to be very hard is its steepness in the first two days with extremely muddy. Although the traffic on this route is low, the chances of success are also low. This route only recommended for experienced and well-trained climbers. Its short time of acclimatization within a 6-day/5-night tour.
What's included :
- Pick up at International Airport
- Transfer to the hotel As per arranged
- Professional mountain crew.
- Fair wages for the mountain crew
- Kilimanjaro National Park permits.
- Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees
- Camping/hut fees
- 3 meals daily while on the mountain.
- Modern tents
- First aid kit
- Warm and comfortable sleeping pads (2 inches thick)
- Portable flush toilets can be provided for free upon clients request
- Group equipment (dining tent, table, chairs, crockery and cutlery)
- Meeting the group at the National Park exit and transfer to the hotel
- Accommodation after the climb
- International certificates for a successful ascent
- Return transfer to Kilimanjaro airport.
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Flights tickets
- Visa fee
- Personal gear rental
- Items of a personal nature
- Laundry services
- Tips for the mountain
- DAY 1: UMBWE GATE (1,600 METERS) TO UMBWE CAVE CAMP (2,850 METERS)
Day one this morning, a guide and a mountain support crew will arrive at the hotel in order to briefing with equipment check precede, you will be driven to the Machame Gate of Kilimanjaro National Park, where registration takes place. From there trekkers are transferred to the Umbwe Gate at 1,600 meters. Here you will start your trek with your guide and porters. Your support crew will have prepared the camp and dinner by the time you get there.
DAY 2: UMBWE CAVE (3000METERS) TO BARRONCO CAMP (3960METERS)
Day two the path gets steeper on this section, as you get out of the forest along the Umbwe ridge the route descends slightly to the Barranco camp situated in the valley. You will notice the camp is pretty busy. This is because you will be joining hikers from the Machame, Lemosho and Shira Route here. Therefore the population will be bigger.
DAY 3: BARRANCO CAMP (3960METERS) TO KARANGA CAMP (3963METERS)
Early wakeup, breakfast and starts with a steep climb up to Barranco Wall. No technical skills are required but you will need to use all four limbs to scramble up to the top. From here you will follow an up and down route along the Southern Circuit through the Karanga Valley and up to Karanga Camp (3,960 meters).
DAY 4: KARANGA CAMP (3963METERS) TO BARAFU CAMP (4640METERS)
Our day starts by descending into the Great Barranco, a huge ravine. We then exit steeply, up the Great Barranco Wall, which divides us from the southeastern slopes of Kibo. It’s a climb over rock, not technical, but long and tiring.
DAY 5: BARAFU CAMP (4640METERS) TO UHURU PEAK (5895METERS) AND THEN TO MWEKA CAMP (3100METERS)
We start off at around midnight, and walk steeply upwards to the summit glaciers. The ascent to crater rim is the most challenging part of the entire trek. The trail is very steep until you reach the crater rim at Stella Point.
We begin our descent by returning to Stella Point and then descending on scree slope and track back to Barafu Camp for breakfast, before finally heading down to Mweka Camp for a long well-earned rest.
DAY 6: TREK MWEKA CAMP (3100METERS) TO MWEKA GATE (1630METERS)
After getting a breakfast, gentle trek takes us down through the rainforest to Mweka Gate, where we complete park formalities and receive certificates, which you can hang up with pride! After saying goodbye to your mountain guides, a short transfer follows to take you back to your hotel in Moshi. Once there.
If you have safari, then might be used to beginning your safari or fly to beaches in Zanzibar so as we can arrange many reasonably priced trips and safaris around Moshi and the Kilimanjaro region. If you fly back home our vehicle will be ready to take you to the airport at your time.
Departure Point :In your Hotel at Moshi
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.