Climb Mount Kilimanjaro: 8 Days Lemosho Route
A relatively new route up to the mountain and extremely beautiful. It’s our favorite routes because it offers a great balance of high summit success rate, scenic views and low traffic. This may be the most beautiful route to take, with breathtaking views on all sides of the mountain and if you wanted a more private experience with fewer climbers
This is one of the few routes where an armed ranger accompanies our groups, since there are still animals in the forest around the Lemosho Glades. But 8 days is preferable for better acclimatization and summit success.
per adult from
What's included :
- Accommodation prior to climb(Include breakfast sharing twin room)
- Accommodation after the climb(Include breakfast sharing twin room)
- During the climb you will share tent with 1-2 other climber
- Kilimanjaro National Park permits.
- Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees
- Camping/hut fees
- Professional mountain crew.
- Pick up at International Airport
- Transfer to the hotel As per arranged
- Return transfer to Kilimanjaro airport.
- Meeting the group at the National Park exit and transfer to the hotel
- Modern tents
- First aid kit
- Warm and comfortable sleeping pads (2 inches thick)
- Portable flush toilets can be provided for free upon clients request
- Group equipment (dining tent, table, chairs, crockery and cutlery)
- Fair wages for the mountain crew
- International certificates for a successful ascent
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Tipping to your driver guide
- Lunches, dinners and drinks at your hotel in Moshi before and after climbing
- Guide $15 – $20 per day
- Cook $10 – $15 per day
- Porter $8 – $10 per day
- International Flights and Insurance
- 100 per person for US Nationals and $50 per person for other Country Nationals
- Mountaineering Insurance
- All type of soft and hard drinks
- DAY 1: LEMOSHO GLADES (2385METERS) TO BIG TREE CAMP (2780METERS)
After breakfast and briefing from your guide you will be collected from your hotel in Moshi and you will be driven to Lemosho gate. After the registration process you will still start our climb steadily through the forests of the Lemosho glades to reach Big Tree camp where you will be spending the night.
DAY 2: BIG TREE CAMP (2780METERS) TO SHIRA 1 CAMP (3900METERS)
Day two will trek across the rain forest and into savannah of tall grasses, heather and volcanic rock draped with lichen beards. Our destination for today is the Shira 1 Camp from where there are often views of Kibo Peak floating on the clouds. We gain a reasonable amount of altitude today and parts of the route are fairly steep.
DAY 3: SHIRA 1 CAMP (3500METERS) TO SHIRA 2 CAMP (3960METERS)
On day three we depart from Shira 1 Camp (3,500 meters) and a light trekking towards the second high altitude camp: Shira 2 Camp (3,900 meters). This trek is not difficult and you will be able to enjoy spectacular views of Africa and the unique flora of Kilimanjaro and the surrounding area.
DAY 4: SHIRA 2 CAMP (3900METERS) TO BARRANCO CAMP (3960METERS)
Your trek starts with an ascent with far reaching panoramic views, walking in to the climatic zone of the upland desert and on the lava ridges beneath the glaciers of the Western Breach. You will reach the distinct pinnacle of the Lava Tower (4640 m)
DAY 5: BARRANCO CAMP (3960M) TO KARANGA CAMP (3963M)
On day five early wakeup, breakfast and the start of summiting Barranco Wall. Hiking up the gorge wall is not technical but long and tiring, only takes around an hour. After the climb you can have a rest and take photos in front of the Kibo volcano.
DAY 6: KARANGA CAMP (3963METERS) TO BARAFU CAMP (4640METERS)
On day six after breakfast you begin your way to Barafu Summit Camp (4,640 m), the starting point for a night summiting Uhuru Peak (5,895 m). The climb will take us across desolate scree slopes with no vegetation around us at all. It’s a tough steep walk made more difficult by the altitude.
DAY 7: BARAFU CAMP (4640METERS) TO UHURU PEAK (5895METERS) TO MWEKA CAMP (3100METERS)
We start off at around midnight, and walk steeply upwards to the summit glaciers. We will be climbing scree for 4 to 5 hours but gain incredible height over a short distance. Another hour’s walking takes us to the summit, Uhuru Peak (5895m).
DAY 8: TREK MWEKA CAMP (3100M) TO MWEKA GATE (1630M)
A gentle trek takes us down through the rainforest to Mweka Gate, where we complete park formalities and receive certificates, We are then met by our vehicles and return to the hotel in Moshi, where you can treat yourself to a welcome shower then celebrate with cold drinks. Overnight at your arranged Hotel.
Departure Point :In your Hotel at Moshi
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.