Coconut Coast and Praia do Forte - the famous beaches
Discover one of the most beautiful coastlines of Brazil and the best touristic infrastructure in Bahia.
We start with a sightseeing drive along the beaches of Salvador on the Atlantic Ocean. Then we take the Coconut Road in the direction of the most beautiful beaches of Bahia to the north of the city. The ride offers splendid views on dunes, lagoons and the Ocean itself. Our final destination is Praia do Forte, a former fisherman village and now the most important touristic destination. Here you can visit the TAMAR Project that protects the local sea turtles, and see these huge and ancient reptiles just in front of you. You cal also visit the old and mysterious Fort of Garcia D'Ávila, build on top of a hill with a panoramic view on the coastline. The village offers you a great choice of cozy restaurants with delicious local dishes and of tropical sunny beaches where you can get into the real Bahian mood having a caipirinha, eat grilled cheese and so much more!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Projeto Tamar
- Entry/Admission - Garcia d'Avila Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Forte Beach, Praia do Forte, Mata de Sao Joao, State of Bahia Brazil
You can enjoy one of the most famous and beautiful beaches of the Coconut Coast to the north of Salvador with it's charming village that offers a great range of restaurants, souvenir shops, hotels and pousadas. The place to be on the Coconut Coast!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Projeto Tamar, Av. Farol Garcia D"Avila s/n Praia Do Forte, Praia do Forte, Mata de Sao Joao, State of Bahia 48287-000 Brazil
You can see four giant sea turtle especies in the visitor's center of this ecologic project of wild animal protection that has saved the turtles from extinction!
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Garcia d'Avila Castle, Praia do Forte, Salvador, State of Bahia Brazil
You can visit the oldest stone building of Brazil in medieval style from it's colonial past with great scenery and fantastic views to the ocean.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Jardim de Ala Beach, Salvador, State of Bahia Brazil
On our drive along the beaches on the Ocean border of Salvador, you will see this beautiful beach with it's garden of coconut trees, also called the Garden of Alah for having disembarked moslim slaves on it's beach in the past.
Pass By: Praia de Itapua, Salvador, State of Bahia Brazil
We will drive along one of the most famous beaches of Salvador eternalized in the beautiful song "Passar uma tarde em Itapuã" (pass an afternoon in Itapuã) written by Vinicius de Moraes who lived in this neighborhood for some years and also wrote the words of the Bossa Nova hit "Garota de Ipanema (the girl from Ipanema).
Pass By: BA-099 - Belo Horizonte, Lauro de Freitas - BA, Brazil
We take the Coconut Road leaving Salvador to the north with great sights on a sequence of famous beaches like Jauá, Arembepe, Jacuípe, Guarajuba and Itacimirim before arriving in Praia do Forte, our final destination.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up our clients at their hotel or accommodation if it is in the city of Salvador or in the Tourist Terminal of the port of Salvador if you come by cruise ship.Ports
- Salvador Port
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.