Coffee plantation full-day tour from Medellin private
Coffee in Antioquia has its origin in the municipality of Fredonia, which is located 1 and half hour away from Medellín.
The coffee landscape of Antioquia is born in the southwest as well as the location of this municipality, additional the history of Fredonia is closely linked to the coal mine and the Antioquia railway.
Once you arrive at the coffee farm you will have a look at coffee crops, beneficiadero, how the coffee arrives through the pipelines and how the pulp is used for composting. Drying and packing processes. Then ascend 400 meters (by vehicle) to reach the cultivations, the view is spectacular. You will also have the opportunity to see the threshing and tostion of coffee making a tasting.
Continue towards the highest part of the farm to see a source of water that supplies the crops and the plantation of Chaquiro pine, one of the 7 precious woods that exist in the world. On the way back you will have a typical peasant lunch.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Typical food.
- Bottled water - 1 per person
- Coffee and/or Tea - Coffee tasting
- Entrances to the coffee farm
- Private transportation
- Highly experienced tour guide
What's excluded :
- No mentioned items
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Learn all about coffee process, from the seed to the cup.
Nature & coffee experience
Departure Point :
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :El Poblado, Medellín, Medellin, Antioquia, Colombia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.