Cologne & the Postcard Town of Monschau
This fairly leisurely tour combines beautiful mountain scenery with a visit to Monschau, the picture-postcard town in the German Eifel. However, the focus of our tour is on the discovery of the historic city centre of ancient Cologne. We travel with you through history: from the Roman remains and the impressive medieval buildings we take you to modern Cologne, a most elegant shopping paradise
Our guide takes you on a (very) easy walk in Monschau along the picturesque river bank from where most of the main sights can be enjoyed. During your free time you can taste the local sweet: Aachner Printen. We drive to Cologne. Apart from Christmas markets and Carnival, Cologne has so much more to offer. After lunch we start our walk at the Neumarkt in the heart of the old city. We only mention the highlights of our guided walk: the cathedral, the City Hall, the Roman walls, the Roman and Germanic museum, the beautiful banks of the Rhine and much more!
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional multilingual guide
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Historische Senfmuhle Monschau, Laufenstr. 118, 52156, Monschau, North Rhine-Westphalia Germany
The Eifel mountain region with the beautiful landscape and make a first stop at historic Monschau. Largely unchanged for over 300 years, the narrow, cobblestoned streets and traditional half-timbered houses have made this charming place one of the main tourist attractions of the region. Over 300 buildings are listed as monuments. Our guide takes you on a fairly easy walk along the river banks from where most of the main sights can be enjoyed, During your free time in the cozy alleys you can taste and buy the local Aachner Printen
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Neumarkt Galerie, Neumarkt 2-4, 50667 Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia Germany
After lunch we start walking in the heart of the old city.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Historic Town Hall, Rathausplatz 2, 50667 Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia Germany
The City Hall is a historical building in Cologne, western Germany. It is located off Hohe Straße in the district of Innenstadt, and set between the two squares of Rathausplatz and Alter Markt. It houses part of the city government, including the city council and offices of the Lord Mayor.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Cologne Cathedral, Domkloster 4, 50667 Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia Germany
DescriptionCologne Cathedral is a Catholic cathedral in Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. It is the seat of the Archbishop of Cologne and of the administration of the Archdiocese of Cologne.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: 4711 Eau de Cologne / Kolnisch Wasser/ 4711-Traditionshaus, Glockengasse 4, 50667 Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia Germany
4711 is a traditional German Eau de Cologne by Mäurer & Wirtz. Because it has been produced in Cologne since at least 1799.
Departure Point :Belluga Restaurant, Rue du Marché Aux Herbes 82, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 200 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.