Colorfull Koprivshtitsa and Ancient Plovdiv
Koprivshtitsa is one of the most characteristic Bulgarian towns, still preserving the atmosphere of the Bulgarian National Revival period of the 19th century. Huddled in the mountain-folds, 111 km east of Sofia, it boasts many architectural monuments from the period, most of which have been restored to their original appearance. Collections of ethnographical treasures, old weapons, National Revival works of art, fine fretwork, household weaves and embroidery, national costumes and typical Bulgarian jewelry were also preserved here.
Plovdiv, on the other hand, is a big modern city with an ancient heart. Here you can see Roman ruins, old Bulgarian architecture and learn a lot about Thracians who first settled there. We will enjoy the unique blend of old and new, visiting the Old Town and one of the most popular social and cultural quarters – Kapana.
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Tour guide
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Koprivshtitsa – Prosveten Tsentur Prez Vuzrazhdaneto
- Entry/Admission - Plovdiv Old Town
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Koprivshtitsa – Prosveten Tsentur Prez Vuzrazhdaneto, Koprivshtitsa Bulgaria
Guided tour of the town. We will explore the colorful streets of Koprivshtitsa, we will dive into the rich history and traditions of this place and we will enjoy the unique blend of old and new that fills up everything in this special tiny town.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Plovdiv Old Town, Plovdiv 4000 Bulgaria
Guided tour of the Old Town. We will visit the Ancient Roman Theatre and will explore the characteristic architecture of this area, enjoying the artistic atmosphere of the cobbled streets. On our return to the city center, we will stop by the ancient Roman ruins.
A walk in the popular quarter Kapana. This is a very nice social and modern culture place with many coffee shops, restaurants, bars and hand-made art shops.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Vasil Levski National Stadium, бул. „Евлоги и Христо Георгиеви“ 38, 1164 Borisova Gradina, Sofia, Bulgaria
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.