Colosseum and Nero's Palace Semi Private Tour with VR | MAX 6 PEOPLE GUARANTEED
Step back into ancient times on this tour and discover a world unknown to us for over 2000 years. In a small group of no more than 6 people, your expert guide will make the past come to life as you learn the history of Rome and its people. You will be fully immersed as you make stops along the journey to explore the monuments with Virtual Reality, giving you a better understanding of life in ancient Rome and what it would have looked like. Your journey doesn’t end here as you and your local guide will make your way across the street to Emperor Nero’s Golden Palace – the Domus Aurea. Placed in the heart of the Eternal City, you can discover impressive architecture and frescoes still visible today while admiring the beautiful and elaborate VR reconstructions in the palace of the world’s most hated emperor.
per adult from
What's included :
- Tour in a Safe and Semi Private Group of MAX 6 PEOPLE GUARANTEED
- Skip the line access into the Colosseum and Domus Aurea
- Enjoy Virtual Reality glasses and reconstructions
- Learn from a Professional Local Expert Guide
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
You will start your tour with quick and easy entry with skip-the-line tickets and your expert guide in a group of a maximum 6 people, and enter into the Colosseum where you witness what was once a site for gladiator battles, animal fights and mass crucifixions. Then with your Virtual Reality glasses, you can have a full 360-degree view of this impressive arena to fully comprehend its grandeur as it was once meant to be seen. As you climb your way up the stairs you will enter the seating areas where over 50,000 cheering Roman spectators sat as they watched the dramatic battles below. Be sure to take your VR glasses home with you so you can relive ancient times in the comfort of your home!
Your guide will then escort you down the street through the Colle Oppio park and to Emperor Nero’s Golden Palace – the Domus Aurea. Here with the aid of an official guide from the Domus Aurea who specializes in art history or archaeology will lead you through the palace which is currently an active excavation site. Please keep in mind the group size will then increase to 22 as per the policy of the Domus Aurea excavation site, however the quality and passion of these expert guides will be the same. Evidence of Ancient Rome's extreme wealth and power, Nero built a residence for himself so grand it was complete with pavilions, lakes, parks and temples which you can explore and see with your own eyes through impressive Augmented Reality reconstructions! Walk through the many rooms and corridors and discover ancient artifacts and frescoes still adorning the walls of the palace today.
LIVITALY VR GLASSES
One pair of LivItaly original VR cardboard glasses will be distributed and gifted to every two people on tour. In order to use the glasses, you are required to download the LivItaly app (via Apple or Android store) prior to the tour and bring the smartphone with the app on the day of the tour. Please note: VR cardboard glasses by no means replace your tour guides efforts and descriptions and serve only as an enhancement to the tour. They are in no way a video game, but instead offer 360-degree visual reconstructions of the architectural wonders that surround you.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please be aware, due to these unprecedented times and unexpected regulation changes, some areas may not be accessible if the venue can not guarantee social distancing for that part of the tour.
- Due to uneven surfaces this tour is not recommended for those with physical disabilities
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended
- Large bags and backpacks are not permitted into the Colosseum, so please refrain from bringing them with you as there are no cloak rooms.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- LivTours’ group size of max 6 participants is and has always been sustainable. We are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, especially in this time. Due to Covid-19 safety regulations, sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.