Community Trekking to.Abune Yosfe
At Asheten Ecotrekking, we strive to provide our guests with unmatched service and an unforgettable experience. We provide all of our clients quality guiding, tour operation and personalized trip itinerary preparation services to accommodate all of your needs. Ashetenecotrekking Ethiopia has tour packages for groups or individuals and we specialize in arranging trips to various natural, cultural, historic and exciting destinations throughout Bale including Bale Mountains National Park, Sof Omar Caves, the Holy Shrine of Dire Sheik Hussein, the Manyate Coffee Village and more. We provide all guests with experienced, knowledgeable, multi-lingual guides (English, Amharic, Afan Oromo, French and other languages) to lead guests through the beautiful, exciting and rarely seen destinations that the ashetenecotrekking have to offer.
per adult from
25 to 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Day 1. Start early mooring in your hotel with your guide and start the first day hiking and after a while you now soon arrive at (ATABKIT), a big plateau overlooking Lalibela. Here your will have your lunch and a well-deserved long break- you are now at around 3500meters!
Overnight in community village
Day 2: After breakfast early Morning you will start the next path.
From here you can walk along the northern side of the mountains home to big troops of Gelada baboon (groups of least 350 can often be seen.)
Now you are in the range land of the rare Ethiopian Wolf - you may hear their bark or be lucky and catch a glimpse of this most endangered endemic animal.
There are also big meadows of Giant Lobelia (like a massive cabbage on a stem) and in the distance the peak at Rim Gedel.
The land gradually rises towards the peak before a steep climb up the last hundred meters or so. Once you reach the 4,284 meter peak the panoramic view makes it worth the effort.
By the time we got down from the peak it was the ideal time to spot the Ethiopian Wolf, and the area to the south and west of the peak is one of the best places to see these illusive wolves.
Overnight you will decide to sleep in our lodge or in the local community house.
Day 3: After breakfast hike back to lalibela.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
we are hear for you any time you comeAirports
- Lalibela Airport, Lalibela Ethiopia
- Seven Olives Hotel, Lalibela, Ethiopia
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.