Complex of the Cathedral with Guided Tour of the Dome
Visit Florence's Cathedral - Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore - more commonly known as 'Il Duomo' or 'Il Duomo di Firenze'. Climb up to the top of the Duomo & admire Florence panorama from Duomoʼs 32 metres high TERRACES. Do not miss the chance to take a closer look at the incredible BRUNELLESCHI “CUPOLA”, a masterpiece of art and architecture that still remains unmatched and whose techniques of building are covered with a veil of mystery.
per adult from
What's included :
- Entrance ticket
- Guide Service
- Entry/Admission - Duomo - Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Duomo - Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore, Via della Canonica, 1 Piazza del Duomo, 50122, Florence Italy
This magnificent cathedral, known as Santa Maria del Fiore and the 'Duomo' is considered to be the jewel of Florence. With its white, pink and green marble topped by a Renaissance 'cupola', it gracefully dominates Florence’s skyline. It is almost impossible to miss for those arriving in the city. In 1296, The Fabbriceria della Cattedrale di Firenze was founded by the Florentine Republic to oversee the construction of the Duomo and is responsible for its conservation.
Santa Maria del Fiore, designed by Arnolfo di Cambio, is the third largest church in the world (after St. Peter's in Rome and St. Paul's in London) and was the largest church in Europe when it was completed in the 15th century. It is 153 metres long, 90 metres wide at the crossing, and 90 metres high from the floor to the bottom of the lantern. The third and last cathedral of Florence, it was dedicated to Santa Maria del Fiore, the Virgin of the Flower, in 1412, a clear allusion to the lily, the symbol of the city of Florence.
It was built over the second cathedral, which early Christian Florence had dedicated to St. Reparata.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Piazza del Duomo, 7, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- The ascent to the Dome provides 464 steps. No elevator. The visit to the dome is accompanied by the guide
- The ascent to the Campanile includes 414 steps. No elevator. The visit to the bell tower is carried out after the tour, if you would like. The customer has available the 72 hours after the tour to get on the bell tower with the same ticket of the tour.
- To access the Opera del Duomo Complex it is necessary to cover shoulders and legs
- This tour does not provide discounts for children
- Tour not suitable for people who can’t climb the steps of the Dome (pregnant women, people with heart problems, walking problems, etc)
- Given the large request for reservations for the Brunelleschi's Dome, bookings after the week before the tour may not be confirmed by the agency, then reimbursed
- he guide service could be provided in two languages
- Arrival at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start of the tour
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.