Comuna 13, Graffiti tour Medellin
This is a shared tour but we only work with small groups (max 8 person). Our destinations are San Javier and Las Independencias neighborhoods in Comuna 13, previously one of the most dangerous areas of Medellin, now a place full of art and flow. There you will walk led by one of the community leaders who will take you through what happened and share his/her personal experiences and point of view. The place is known for being an outdoor art gallery with more than two hundred graffiti that speak about the history and culture of Medellin and Colombia. In addition, the neighborhood is a symbol of social transformation.
In this tour you will know about Medellin's commitment to move from being one of the most dangerous cities in the world to one of the most visited in South America: transformation works and social projects.
If you are one of those who like to go further in the places you visit, know the real story and share with the community, this tour is perfect for you.
per adult from
What's included :
- Community guide leader
- Professional guide
- Food tasting
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Metro & Bus Tickets
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Since we pick you up at your hotel our guide will tell you about why Medellin has transformed in so little time, giving his perspectives on history and the present. We believe that the most important thing in our tours is to let our visitors know what we are and what we were without falling into tabus or prejudice.
Our first stop will be in the neighborhoods of Las Independencias, home of the largest urban gallery in Medellin and one of the most award-winning works of transformation in the city: outdoor electric pubic stairs. There we will be joined by one of the local social leaders who will tell us the history of his/her neighborhood while we enjoy the best of local food.
Then we will go to the San Javier neighborhood where we will see the transformation projects and we will talk a little more about the memory works that are carried out with the victims of the neighborhood.
Departure Point :Parque de El Poblado, Medellin, Antioquia, Colombia
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.