Contrasts of Old and New Delhi
Old & New - enjoy unravelling two contrasting faces of delightful Delhi. In addition to the popular sites, we visit some of the hidden gems of the city.
Explore the walled city of Shahjahanabad on a walking tour. Popularly known as Old Delhi, it dates back to the 16th century. Spread across a maze of alleys, Old Delhi is known for its traditional & colourful bazaars - full of character & high in spirit.
After jostling with the hustle and bustle of the old quarter, we now switch over to the relatively modern side of India's capital.
New Delhi with its British built buildings, tree-lined avenues, relaxed hangout spots and contemporary cafes is in complete contrast to the cosmic chaos of old Delhi. Grab a cup of coffee and spend some time relaxing at a popular spot which not many tourists would know.
There are some hidden gems of the city and we unveil those only after you have joined the tour. These attractions are safe, open to the public and easily accessible.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Old Delhi walking tour
- Old Delhi rickshaw ride
- Jama masjid (mosque)
- Gurudwara (Sikh temple)
- Some hidden gems of the city of Delhi.
What's excluded :
- Tips to local guide, driver, etc.
- Transfers - pick up from / drop off at your hotel in Delhi.
- Anything else which is not mentioned under "Inclusions" above.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Friday Mosque (Jama Masjid), 6 km North of Connaught Pl. across from Lal Qila, New Delhi India
Friday mosque built by Mughal emperor Shahjahan is one of the largest in India.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Chandni Chowk, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi
Chandni Chowk which literally translates as "moonlit square" is the street that connects the Red Fort and the Fatehpuri mosque. This is a fascinating walk winding through the varied neighbourhood and specialized marketplaces of Chandni Chowk. Religious and commercial activities go hand in hand. The vast expanse of the old walled city enjoys an amicable coexistence of different religious faiths.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: India Gate, Rajpath Near Connaught Place New Delhi, New Delhi 110001 India
The India Gate commemorates around 70,000 soldiers of the erstwhile British Indian army who died between 1914-1921, in the first world war and the third Anglo-Afghan war.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Rashtrapati Bhavan, Rajpath, New Delhi 110004 India
The present-day Rashtrapati Bhavan was the erstwhile residence of the British Viceroy. Its architect was Edwin Landseer Lutyens. It was constructed to affirm the permanence of British rule in India.
Pass By: Parliament House, Sansad Marg, New Delhi 110002 India
Originally called the House of Parliament, it was designed by the British architects Sir Edwin Lutyens and Sir Herbert Baker in 1912-1913 as part of their wider mandate to construct a new administrative capital city for British India. Construction of the Parliament House began in 1921 and it was completed in 1927.
Stop At: Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, Ashoka Road Connaught Place, New Delhi 110001 India
Do visit the langar (community kitchen) at the Gurudwara. Thrice a day, meals are on offer to the thousands who visit this one of India's mega kitchens and it is all free!
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :United Coffee House, E-15, Rajiv Chowk, Block E, Connaught Place, New Delhi, Delhi 110001, India
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please dress up conservatively (minimum of half sleeves & three-quarter trousers) as we will be visiting some of the religious sites.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes or footwear that is easy to take off at the temples.
- Please carry sunscreen, sunhat, sunglasses and hand sanitizer.
- We will be walking through some of the crowded and chaotic streets of the city. Please take very good care of your valuables & belongings.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- An optional transfer (pick up from / drop off at your hotel) can be organized on request and at an additional charge. Please contact us at least 24 hours in advance.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.