Corfu city tour for crusaders: history, legends and traditional products
Explore the charming architecture of the old town of Corfu through legendary buildings, let fascinating legends be told and
discover the variety of typical traditional products from Corfu.
per adult from
What's included :
- Two bus tickets (urban transport)
- Local licensed tour guide
What's excluded :
- Visits to museums, fortresses, etc
- Meals / refreshments
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Corfu Old Town, Agias Sofias 24, Corfu Town Greece
A tour of the old town of Corfu is like a fascinating journey into the past. Because the old town of Corfu is a unique UNESCO World Heritage Site, which you should definitely explore.
And this is how your tour works: You will meet your German-speaking licensed tourist guide in the terminal of Corfu Harbor. After the greeting you will take the local bus to the old town of Corfu in about 10 minutes.
There in the old town you will get to know the most famous buildings in the city of Corfu - your experienced tourist guide will tell you the most interesting facts. He will guide you through charming neighborhoods, to Venetian mansions and buildings of exceptional architecture, all of which exude the timeless elegance of this unique city. Let your guide tell you some of the local legends and stories that are deeply rooted in the distant or more recent past of the city of Corfu.
Stroll through busy squares and through hidden cobblestone alleys.
Corfu is a cradle of art and tradition. Many buildings are witness to the rich history and culture. See the Old Fortress, the Esplanade, the elegant Arcade Gallery of the Liston, the Town Hall Square with the Cathedral and the Old Theater San Giacomo, the Ionian University, the historic district of Campiello, the St. Michael and Georg Palace, the Jewish one The quarter and the church of St. Spyridon from the 16th century Wine cellars with regional wines; there are also shops with traditional products such as kumquat, Corfiot olive oil and utensils made from olive wood.
After an almost three-hour tour, you will have about 30 minutes for a short individual walk until you will meet your guide again and drive him back to the harbor.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :PORT AUTHORITY OF CORFU S.A (OLKE), Νέο λιμάνι 49100, Kerkira 491 00, Greece
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This tour is not recommended for babies or toddlers, pregnant women, people with physical disabilities and / or cardiovascular problems or asthma.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Bring your own headphones. Masks are required, please bring your own.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.