Cortona&Passignano with olive oil tasting private day trip from Rome
Take this private day trip from Rome, to visit the charming town of Cortona, 'Under the Tuscan Sun City'. Frances Mayes’ heart warming true story, and the popular film it inspired, has brought millions of tourists to Cortona. Its dominant position over the valley offers also a spectacular view from all over the town of the surrounding valley. The itinerary of this journey includes a scenic drive along Lake Trasimeno with stop at Passignano, the gem of the area. Last destination is a charming rural complex which is situated at the entrance to the atmospheric, noble promontory of Monte del Lago. Set between the walls of the village which jut out over the lake, and surrounded by its olive groves, for almost a century the local family has rigorously and enthusiastically produced the extra-virgin olive oil that has made it famous.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- english speaking driver
- olive oil tasting
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Duomo di Cortona, Piazza del Duomo Vecchio 1, 52044, Cortona Italy
The village of Cortona in Tuscany is a place that you will enjoy without any doubt. Its relationship with antiquity and with myths makes it one of the most popular towns with tourists from all over the world. This gem of central Italy, sits between the Orcia Valley and the Trasimeno Lake.
You will also find that in addition to the visit of Cortona, the surrounding areas are places full of history and beautiful landscapes.
If you love Etruscan history, the town of Cortona is the most interesting with regard to the preservation of relics and artifacts in the Cortona museums. But also, if you just wish to enjoy a place where you can immerse yourself in a medieval atmosphere and untouched environment, you would appreciate a walk thoughout this jewel.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Rocca di Passignano, Via Castello, 06065 Passignano Sul Trasimeno Italy
On the northern rim of Lake Trasimeno, where the water meets the rock, sits Passignano, a town with an interesting combination of nature and history, art and folklore. A unique architectural backdrop frames this lakeside landscape.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your driver will pick you up at your accomodation in Rome.For pick up outside Rome, (other villages, airport, etc), we charge for tranfser, according the distance from the city.
Departure Time :7:15 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- as long as the Covid-19 emergency persists, temperature checks for travelers are absolutely necessary in some tours and excursions that include museums, indoor places and busy areas.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.