Costa Maya Shore Excursion: 2-Tank Scuba Dive
While in port in Costa Maya, take in the stunning beauty of the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef on a 3.5-hour scuba diving shore excursion. Certified scuba divers can explore the clear waters of the Caribbean Sea on this 2-tank trip to deep water and wreck sites in the world’s second largest reef system. Enjoy personal attention from your PADI-certified dive master on this small-group tour, limited to 8 people.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Use of all necessary equipment
- Taxi fee from pier (yellow taxi only)
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Port drop-off (taxi ride appro. USD $2)
- After your cruise ship arrives in port at Costa Maya, make your way by yellow taxi (fare included) from the pier to the dive center – just a short drive away. Your 2-tank scuba diving shore excursion begins with a boat ride on the Caribbean Sea to one of the many great dive sites within easy reach. Your PADI-certified dive master will create a safe and fun adventure by choosing the best sites to accommodate your skill level (prior certification required) and ensure that everyone in the group is prepared.
Enjoy great visibility and easy drift diving along with a wealth of underwater marine life right in the center of the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef – the largest reef in the northern hemisphere. Keep an eye out for colorful corals, sea sponges, eagle rays, sea turtles and scores of tropical fish! Diving in this area is especially enjoyable because currents are minimal and water temperatures are comfortable year-round.
You’ll dive to an initial depth of around 75 feet (23 meters) for your first tank. During a surface interval back at the dive center, enjoy water with fruit or a snack. After your guide takes you out to another site, diving to a depth of around 55 feet (17 meters) for your second tank, head back to the Costa Maya cruise port by taxi (own expense).
Worry-free Shore Excursion:We will ensure your excursion ends with ample time for you to return to the Costa Maya port for your ship’s departure. In the extremely unlikely event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Departure Point :Specific instructions will appear on your voucher
Departure Time :Tour departs 1.5 hours after cruise ship's arrival
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 11 years
- Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified dive
- Note: under the Special Requirements section at the time of booking, please include the number of dives you have done to date and the date of your last dive
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.