Create your own emerald Colombian ring
we created an unique experience about the art of jewelry! Andrea is a jeweler and she has her own collection of rings, earings and necklaces produced by herself in a local co-workshop. By creating the ring,you will learn how emeralds become the most important and precious stone for Colombians, and its influence in the colombian society and economy. We will work in the middle of the emerald and jewelry cluster of Bogota, one of the leader cities of this kind of industry in south america!
per adult from
What's included :
- The tools at the workshop to make the ring
What's excluded :
We will start at La Casa de la Moneda museum to learn the importance of metals in the prehispanic and colonial times. At the museum, you will see one of the most impresives and valuable piece of gold and emeralds, designed by the jesuist, in the continent. Afterwards we will go to Andrea´s worshop and she will teach you how to create your own emerald ring, you will decide the shape, the stone and the material between gold and silver (gold has an extra charge and you have to let us know before). There are several steps in the production of a ring and you will be part of it with andrea´s profesional advisory. At the end you will wear your own creation, an emerald colombian ring!
• Casa de Moneda - Coleccion Numismatica del Banco de la Republica, Calle 11 4 93, Bogota 111711 Colombia
Departure Point :Coin and bill Production Museum, Cl. 11 #4-93, Bogotá, Cundinamarca, Colombia
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 9/6/2019 - 10/30/2021
Monday - Friday: 02:00 PM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.