Cu Chi Tunnels Go by Speedboat - Back by Minivan Group Tour 1 Day
• Explore the Cu Chi tunnels by minivan
• Explore Saigon River by speedboat
• Learn the in-dept history of the war from Vietnamese sights
• Sightseeing villages, rubber plantations and rice paddies by local transport
• Experience what it was like living inside the tunnel system
• Discover underground world of guerrilla warfare in the incredible Cu Chi tunnels
• Gain insight into the tenacity and resourcefulness of the Vietcong
• Go on a jungle walk in the tunnel area
• Crawl inside the tunnels
• Try cassava root that sustained Viet Cong fighters for years
• Delicious lunch of traditional Vietnamese cuisine
• Chance to shoot the AK47, M16, M30, M60, Garand M1, Carbine (at your own expenses)
per adult from
What's included :
- English speaking guide
- Air-con minivan
- Luxury speed boat
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Traditional local lunch
- Travel insurance ($5.000 USD/ case)
- Fruits & drinks
- Entry/Admission - Cu Chi Tunnels
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Tips/ gratuities
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cu Chi Tunnels, Phu Hiep TL15 Phu Hiep, Ho Chi Minh City 700000 Vietnam
Built by local fighters during the Indochina conflict, the Cu Chi tunnels served as a base from which the Viet Cong could operate from close to the Southern Vietnamese capital. For this Ho Chi Minh city tour, leave the hustle and bustle of Ho Chi Minh City to explore one of the relics from one of the most significant local historical events in recent memory.
Journey takes 1.2 hours west towards the Cambodian border. Ongoing way to the Cu Chi tunnels, we can see local life in the area, both past and present. Learn about their lives, culture, and customs and get an insight into the recent past through local eyes.
Continue on to the Cu Chi tunnels. The location of the tunnels was of significant strategic importance: they are at the end of the infamous Ho Chi Minh Trail, and within striking distance of the southern Vietnam capital. Initial construction started in 1948 when the Viet Minh required somewhere to hide from French air attacks, and by 1965, the tunnel complex was estimated to consist of 200 km of tunnels. It included, hospitals, schools, meeting rooms, kitchens, and sleeping quarters. Life was difficult for the inhabitants, and to protect against outside intruders, booby traps were laid throughout the complex.
Today, the Vietnamese government has preserved approximately 75 km of the Cu Chi tunnels as a memorial park, and in some areas the tunnels have been widened and low powered lights installed so that tourists can now fit through the complex.
Your local guide will take you on a fascinating tour of the Cu Chi tunnels, where you will learn more about the conditions the people lived in, the hardships they faced, and the amazing ingenuity employed to maintain life in the tunnels. We walk past huge bomb craters - evidence of the heavy bombing campaigns in the region during the Indochina conflict, discover hidden entrances right beneath your feet, wander past tiny little chimneys in the ground that dispersed smoke from the underground kitchens, sample some of the simple cuisine that local fighters would have survived on, and have an opportunity to venture into the tunnels and explore the complex.
You will end this historical Ho Chi Minh City tour with a greater understanding of the local impacts of the conflicts of the 20th century. On the way back, we will drop you off at War Remnants Museum, Ben Thanh Market or your hotel in District 1, 3, 4.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Saigon Central Post Office, 2 Công xã Paris, Bến Nghé, Quận 1, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up at the hotel in District 1, 3, 4 of Ho Chi Minh City. Other district within Ho Chi Minh city might be extra charged.
Departure Time :7:45 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.