Cultural & Heritage tour of the beautiful Bandra village-with Guide & Transport.
An island village neighbouring the erstwhile Mumbai Heptanesia, Bandra or Bandor as the Portuguese called it, was originally a collection of 24 villages inhabited by the Kolis or the fisherfollk community. In the 16th and 17th century many of these villages converted to Catholicism owing to the Portuguese rule. These converts were christened as East Indian by the British and form the backbone of Bandra’s cultural ethos.
The years following independence, the paddy fields and vegetable plantations gave way to bungalows and apartments, of the rich and the famous which made Bandra the Beverly Hills of Mumbai. Despite the urbanisation,
there still exists another Bandra made of villages which reminds of the Bandor of yesteryears.
This tour pays homage to the East Indians community - their way of life, history and culture.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hop-on hop-off tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Additional transport cost for pick up from suburban Mumbai hotels
- Additional cost for the services of a language guide (besides English)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bandra Fort, Bandstand Road Mount Mary, Mumbai India
Get an insight into the brave stories of the Marathas and their influence during the colonial rule, as you explore the ruins of this old Portuguese fort.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: St. Andrew's Church, 115 Hill Road 19°03'17.9n 72°49'28.9e, Mumbai 400050 India
Visit the oldest Jesuit church in Mumbai- the only one which has survived cyclones and invasions.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Mount Mary Basilica, Mount Mary Road Bandra West, Mumbai 400050 India
Visit the famous Mount Mary Church, revered by people of all religions, the Mount Mary Church sees millions of faithful’s from
eclectic religious and cultural backgrounds.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Bandra West District TB Office, St Veronica Rd, St Sebastian Colony, Ranwar, Bandra West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400050, India
Walk past the beautiful community of Bandra and its Ranwar village which is home to some of the oldest homes in the city and rich with cultural heritage.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
1) The driver will be at the hotel 5 mins before the start of the tour. 2) Start time of the tour for North Mumbai hotels will vary.3) If you are staying at the ship at the Mumbai International Cruise Terminal and need a pick-up from outside the ship, there we be additional cost of Rs 1000/- per person. This amount is to be paid in cash to the guide or the driver at the start of the tour.4) For any tours in Bandra & beyond, away from South Mumbai, will be charged a toll of Rs 120. This amount is to be paid in cash to the guide or the driver at the start of the tour.Ports
- Alexandra Dock (Green Gate) & Yellow Gate
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children who are below 10 years of age can do the tour free of cost
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- The tour can be cancelled based on the discretion of No Footprints. The guests will be informed in advance of the same
- The sequence of the tour is at the discretion of No Footprints and its guide on-ground
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.