Cultural Canoe Trip around Rovaniemi
Visit Rovaniemi in a unique and original way ! Canoeing together on the arctic rivers, your guide will show you around the hometown of Santa Claus and capital of Lapland. You will then end your sightseeing tour with a visit of the Rovaniemi Local Heritage Museum.
In all our excursions, our groups are limited to 8 travelers maximum. It it very important for us to provide you with the best experience as possible, and avoid mass tourism. This way, your guide will know you better and will be able to address all your needs and answer your questions. As we usually say : the smaller the group, the bigger the experience !
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Waterproof bags
- Canoes, paddles, life-jackets
- Qualified canoeing guide
- Safety instructions and basic canoeing lessons
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Private transportation
- Visit of the Rovaniemi Local Heritage Museum
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
Visit Rovaniemi in a unique and original way ! Canoeing together on the arctic rivers, your guide will show you around the hometown of Santa Claus and capital of Lapland.
Before embarking for your sightseeing tour, your qualified canoe guide will teach you the basic techniques and all safety instructions needed. You will start on very quiet waters, protected by islands, to get used to the canoe. While paddling, your guide will show you around Rovaniemi and the different tourist attractions... They will share with you their knowledge about the town and its history, life in the Arctic, and the nature that surrounds Rovaniemi.
As you follow the flow of the river, you will have one stop at the Kotisaari island, which used to be a stronghold for lumberjacks, before heading to the Local Heritage Museum of Rovaniemi located on the shores of the river. The visit of the museum will be the opportunity to travel back in time and discover arctic life a hundred years ago.
The tour lasts around 3h30, including transportation, canoeing and safety instructions, paddling time (around 1h30 depending on your level) and the visit of the museum.
• Rovaniemi, Rovaniemi, Lapland
• Rovaniemi Local History Museum, Poeykkoelaentie 4, Rovaniemi 96400 Finland
Departure Point :Kansankatu 14, 96100 Rovaniemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
Your guide will come to pick you up from your hotel between 5 and 30 minutes prior to departure. Your exact pick-up time will be confirmed by email at least one day prior to the activity. If you stay in hotels or resorts, please wait at the reception. If you stay in a private accommodation (ex: Airbnb), please wait outside on the street side so your guide can easily find you.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.