Cusco or Ollantaytambo to Machu Picchu
Machu Picchu Travel: Take a day to explore the Incan Citadel of Machu Picchu. Leaving from Ollantaytambo heading towards Aguas Calientes, this is a scenic train journey which gives you the perspective around which this site is built.
per adult from
1 day 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Lunch, Water + Snacks
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
Cusco/Ollantaytambo - Machu Picchu
After breakfast we'll collect you from your hotel in Cusco or Ollantaytambo where you'll take the train to Aguas Calientes (if you're boarding from Ollantaytambo you'll take the train direct and we'll collect you from the station in Aguas Calientes). The ride takes you through a valley and into the Urubamba River canyon, then into the cloud forest as you near the Machu Picchu sanctuary. Stopping at Aguas Calientes you'll take a 25-minute bus ride up to the Machu Picchu ruins. This 15th-century Inca citadel is located at 7,970 ft (2,430 m) and is a masterpiece of engineering that served as a sanctuary and retreat for the Incan Emperor Pachacutec and his royal court. Machu Picchu, is considered a World Heritage Site by UNESCO and is one of the new Seven Wonders of the World. Machu Picchu was abandoned 100 years after construction and remained largely hidden to the outside world until the early 20th century. If there's time, hike up to Machu Picchu Mountain for a bird's eye view of the citadel. After a 2-3 hour tour with your guide, take the bus back to Aguas Calientes to connect to your train to Ollantaytambo and your connecting transfer to Cusco.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.