Cyprus through the Ages
Cyprus is an island of contrasts with rolling hills housing pretty villages and history infusing their streets and squares. On this special day out, you’ll see the archaeological site of Kourion, venture to the village of Omodos to meet the locals and cap off the day in style with a wine tasting experience. You’ll dive straight into ancient history at one of the most impressive archaeological sites in Cyprus, Kourion. Visit the Roman baths and amble into the site’s centrepiece, the Greco-Roman half-moon theatre where concerts are still held to this day. Then, we’ll head to the mountain-fringed village of Omodos, at the epicentre of the island’s winegrowing district, where you’ll have some free time to wander around skinny cobbled streets lined with Byzantine buildings. The village is built around the rather majestic Monastery of the Holy Cross; Next, you’ll make the short trip down the road to the nearby village of Koilani.
per adult from
8 hours 40 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entrance Fees
- Lunch with 1 glass of wine/water, wine tasting
- Entry/Admission - Kourion
What's excluded :
- Personal Expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kourion, near Episkopi, Limassol City Cyprus
Kourion or Latin: Curium, was an important ancient city-state on the southwestern coast of Cyprus. In the twelfth century BCE, after the collapse of the Mycenaean palaces, Greek settlers arrived on this site. In the fourth century, Kourion suffered from five heavy earthquakes, but the city was partly rebuilt.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Petra tou Romiou, Kouklia, Cyprus
Petra tou Romiou, also known as Aphrodite's Rock, is a sea stack in Paphos, Cyprus. It is located off the shore along the main road from Paphos to Limassol. The combination of the beauty of the area and its status in mythology as the birthplace of Aphrodite makes it a popular tourist location.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Koilani Village, Koilani, Koilani 4776 Cyprus
Koilani is a village in the Limassol District of Cyprus, located 3 km south of Pera Pedi. The village of Koilani is built close to the west bank of the river Kryos, a tributary of the Kouris River, at an altitude of 820 meters. Tall mountaintops are visible from the village. It is 36 kilometres from Limassol. Here, you’ll be given a tour of the winery and cellar, where you’ll learn all about the
production of one
Here, you’ll be given a tour of the winery and cellar, where you’ll learn all about the production of the one of the most famous island wines.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kolossi Castle, Agiou Antoniou 1 Road to Paphos, Limassol City Cyprus
Kolossi Castle is a former Crusader stronghold on the south-west edge of Kolossi village 14 kilometres west of the city of Limassol on the island of Cyprus.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Omodos, Omodos, Limassol
Then, we’ll head to the mountain-fringed village of Omodos, at the epicentre of the island’s winegrowing district, where you’ll have some free time to wander around skinny cobbled streets lined with Byzantine buildings.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel Lobby or nearby appointed location,please note that we need the exact details of your hotel/accommodationDeparture from Paphos: 08:00 am, Departure from Limassol: 09:15 am
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please notice that extra charges may apply per person or in total of the group for pick-ups from hotels- villas- airbnb outside the proximity of our tour selected pick route. In that case we can provide round trip transfer for customer(s) convenience ad-hoc quoted as per location of customer(s)' property.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.