D-Day Private Normandy Battlefields Day Trip From Paris with VIP Services
Visit Normandy's most important World War II sites, including Omaha Beach, Pont du Hoc, the American Cemetery, Arromanches, and Utah Beach (optional), with a focus on American troops during the significant events of D-Day. This private full-day tour from Paris is totally customizable, allowing your group to spend more time at the Normandy battlefields and monuments that interest you most. Expect a professional, multilingual guide to transport you by luxury Mercedes-Benz minivan, ensuring a comfortable roundtrip ride to this significant region of northwest France.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- WiFi on board
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pointe du Hoc, 14450 Cricqueville-en-Bessin France
Start your visit with your private guide by Pointe du Hoc, where American troops landed on D-Day. This is one of the most significant World War II sites, and unlike many other Normandy landmarks, Pointe du Hoc is largely untouched, making this an emotional and powerful place to begin the private tour.
Your expert guide will take you through the history and significance of what happened here on June 6, 1944, as American troops scaled the cliffs (the highest point in the region) to take back control from German troops who had built 6 casemates to house a battery of 155 mm guns.
Stand before this site, situated Utah Beach and Omaha Beach, and reflect on the heroic struggle of the American Second Ranger Battalion under the command of Lt. Col. James E. Rudder. Ultimately, many American soldiers sacrificed their lives in order to protect fellow troops from German counterattacks.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Omaha Beach, Avenue de la Liberation, Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer France
Leaving Pointe duc Hoc, continue on a drive for a visit to Omaha Beach, the site of one of the most significant events of World War II.
Stand on the sands where 2,400 American soldiers lost their lives on D-Day in an effort to secure a beachhead spanning some 5 miles between Port en Bessin and the Vire River, linking up with the British landings at Gold Beach and the Americans at Utah Beach.
Your guide will take you through this history of Omaha Beach before leaving you with free time to reflect and pay your respects to those who fought against the German 352nd Infantry Division.
When you are ready, a provided lunch will be served before heading to the American Cemetery.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cimetiere Americain de Colleville-sur-Mer, 14710 Colleville-sur-Mer France
After lunch your journey continues with an extensive visit to the 172.5-acre American Cemetery of Colleville, the resting place of some 9,387 military, most of whom lost their lives in the D-Day landings.
Here, take your time visiting the graves, the Memorial, the Wall of the Missing, and the chapel.
Your visit will be followed with a stop at the beautifully designed American Interpretive Center, where you will have the opportunity to watch remarkable short films and documentaries relating the events of D-Day and the Battle of Normandy operations.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Arromanches-les-Bains, Arromanches-les-Bains, Calvados, Basse-Normandie, Normandy
Leaving the American Cemetery, you'll sit back and relax on a drive to the Arromanches with its vestiges of the artificial harbor (Mulberry Bridge), Longues-sur-Mer and the German artillery battery, which gave the allies a pounding on the morning of June 6.
It is actually the only coastal battery to have kept its guns, giving an impressive picture of what an Atlantic wall gun emplacement was really like.
At the end of your day you will be given free time to explore the Caen Peace Memorial, a place for contemplating war in general and why it is important not to forget the legacy of the Second World War.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :1: Paris, France
2: Normandy, France
3: Normandy American Cemetery, 14710 Colleville-sur-Mer, France
4: Omaha Beach, France
5: Utah Beach, France
6: Arromanches-les-Bains, France
7: 14400 Bayeux, France
8: Plage du Débarquement, 2 Route de Meuvaines, 14960 Arromanches-les-Bains, France
9: Utah Beach, France
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick-up from all hotels and private residences inside Paris
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Your safety and well-being is important to us. We strive to create a clean and safe experience for our guests, and ensure that the included information is up-to-date and practiced regularly on all our tours and experiences.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.