Dandenong Ranges Tour by Puffing Billy Steam Train
Travel through the Dandenong Ranges on Australia’s favorite steam train. Climb on board Puffing Billy and see some of the most magnificent countryside in Victoria. Enjoy a delicious Devonshire tea, and recapture the romance of the days of steam travel.
Operating on a small coach, bringing you personalised service at its best*.
*In the rare circumstance whereby your tour is merged with another company, you may travel in a larger coach.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Return coach transfer
- Devonshire tea
- Ride on Puffing Billy Steam Train
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Tour Highlights:
• Travelling through the Dandenong Ranges National Park
• Feeding the crimson rosellas
• Morning tea
• Riding the Puffing Billy steam train
• Stopping at Olinda and Sassafras
Begin your day with us.
Head out to the Dandenong Ranges from Melbourne on board Puffing Billy, Australia’s most loved steam train at Australia's oldest steam railway, Puffing Billy dates back to 1900. It recreates the romance of those bygone days of traveling under the power of steam.
The full afternoon train ride takes you along the Dandenong Ranges National Park, which consists mostly of rolling hills, steeply weathered valleys, and gullies covered in thick temperate rainforest. See swathes of tall Mountain Ash, and dense ferny undergrowth.
Sit back and watch the beautiful scenery roll by. As you head back to Melbourne, you will stop at Sassafras or Olinda, one of the quaint little craft villages in the area.
Capture the magic of the old saying "The Romance of the Rail." As you chug along, you will get the chance to feed the native crimson rosella parrots, enjoy Devonshire afternoon tea, and take in the beautiful scenery of the Victoria countryside.
Departure Point :Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from most of hotels within Melbourne CBD.
Departure Time :8:10 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.